Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi there, would using high test 91 octane gas help with this instead of mid grade? Is this only an issue with older boats, or are the 2013 lineup also prone to this problem? That's awesome you remembered this rsinger and got your boat going! Nice one!!

I had tried everything mentioned above including fuel filter, stabil, higher grade gas, running blower constantly and still had the problem. I had the boost pump installed this week and went out for a set last night with no issues. Seems like that solved it for me at least.
    07 22SSV -- Wetsounds!

Quote Originally Posted by rsinger View Post
    OK. I've got 2 out of 3. I'm using mid grade, it's called for in the manual. I've got sta bil in the gas, double the dosage actually. Drawback is it's the gas from last fall, and the tank still reads full. When I fill up next time I'll add sta bil, as I usually don't use this in the middle of the summer. We'll see what happens.
    Be sure to change the fuel filter. Very easy. The ethanol breaks the filter down and allows less fuel through the filter and leads to vapor lock when the engine is shut down and the fuel pump stops drawing fuel which will lead to vapor lock issues. Good Luck! I haven't had an issue in 2 years after following this procedure even with temps in the high 90's to low 100's.

Here's a pic of the boost pump installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    07 22SSV -- Wetsounds!

Quote Originally Posted by pctkst View Post
    Here's a pic of the boost pump installed.
    Nice to see an actual pic of the boost pump. I've heard of others installing it with good results. If my ritual didn't fix my issue I was going to look into the boot pump. Hope this is the fix for you because I know how frustrating this problem can be.

Scott