Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amp for HLCD'S

DOCDRS,
    There are several issues with those particular Roswell pods.
    First, the plastic interior mounting ring needs to have the I.D. enlarged.
    Second, the ring is held in place with a 'V' shaped strap that extends to and is mounted to the nose of the pod. A deep horn and rear-mounted crossover is likely to interfere with the tapered bracket.
    Also, this mounting arrangement isn't really designed to facilitate anything more substantial than standard coaxials.
    I would either replace the existing interior mounting rings with new HDPE ones that use set screws around the perimeter of the pods for mounting
    or
    I would glue and seal in place a couple of 1/8-inch thick aluminum rings at the interior face of the pods.
    In either case I would have a stable foundation for my new HLCDs and do away with the light duty bracketry inside.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    DOCDRS,
    There are several issues with those particular Roswell pods.
    First, the plastic interior mounting ring needs to have the I.D. enlarged.
    Second, the ring is held in place with a 'V' shaped strap that extends to and is mounted to the nose of the pod. A deep horn and rear-mounted crossover is likely to interfere with the tapered bracket.
    Also, this mounting arrangement isn't really designed to facilitate anything more substantial than standard coaxials.
    I would either replace the existing interior mounting rings with new HDPE ones that use set screws around the perimeter of the pods for mounting
    or
    I would glue and seal in place a couple of 1/8-inch thick aluminum rings at the interior face of the pods.
    In either case I would have a stable foundation for my new HLCDs and do away with the light duty bracketry inside.

David
    Earmark Marine

Going up this weekend , will take one apart and look at it. I think I understand what your saying. I like the roswell bar , just looking for a simple solution to blow me off my skyski for around 700-800 but then maybe i'm dreamin
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

DOCDRS,

Not sure if you made it up to your boat. Here is what my '10 looks like and the rubber cover where the tweeter would go. Keep us updated on conversion to the Kickers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    DOCDRS,

Not sure if you made it up to your boat. Here is what my '10 looks like and the rubber cover where the tweeter would go. Keep us updated on conversion to the Kickers.
    No didn't have time to take apart , too busy installing HSE and new prop and renovating . that bracket looks ok, may have to fab a new one for the horn if it does not clear but I don't see it being an issue
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug