Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Trayson thanks for the pictures, guess I wont need to post any now LOL.

I normally go to the VIP night but this year only the AWS Booth was open, wife didn't want to make the hour+ drive for 1 booth.

We are still going Sunday afternoon.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Great video and pictures guys. This is depressing as I know I will want to add this to my list this summer!
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Trayson thanks for the pictures, guess I wont need to post any now LOL.

I normally go to the VIP night but this year only the AWS Booth was open, wife didn't want to make the hour+ drive for 1 booth.

We are still going Sunday afternoon.
    You bet. It was a fun time. I really enjoyed seeing all the different surf enhancing technologies. Tige and Centurion are both doing some amazing stuff. Tige with their taps and then basically putting a piece under their swim platform that makes for an extension of their hull. Centurion replaced the tracking fins with a "cats" rudder that can change the convergence--but they do it from the middle of the boat instead of the tail. Supra of course had their Swell. Active Water Sports had one of those to look at that was off the boat. Damn, that thing was HEAVY. I think the SWELL system counts as extra ballast!!! I never did get over to PSBC to look at the new generation of Mastercraft surf tabs... Supreme and MB had no 'gizmos' and were just going with weight and listing, but quickfill. The Pavati aluminum boat was pretty cool to see in person too. They pretty much copied the Nautique surf system. It's so similar it makes me laugh. I'd already seen and rode behind a G23 last year with the NSS. Of course Malibu/Axis have their surf gates--no new news there.

I did talk to one of the sales guys at AWS about the hull reinforcement for the FLOW. He basically said that the hull is the strongest in that corner anyway, so thru bolting it (with of course beefy backing plates I'm sure) is it. And I asked him about what if you forget and leave it down when you're done and start to take off... He commented as I would have thought--that the obvious rooster tail and affect on your steering would make it pretty obvious that you left it down.

Oh, and don't miss the Mike's hard lemonaid free samples! hahahaha.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by drb59 View Post
    Great video and pictures guys. This is depressing as I know I will want to add this to my list this summer!
    Yeah, I'm with ya. The one on the Mojo had the aluminum machined to match the contour of the hull. I was already thinking about if I could make a spacer or shave off excess aluminum to make it fit on the back of my boat. Hell, I even thought of ghetto fabbing it by just adding washers! LOLOLOLOL. It's such a stout and nicely built piece that it's really tempting to just buy one vs. trying to make your own. I guess my Supra wouldn't mind having a little "moomba" written on its ass... Of course where to get the cool $1000+ that it's gonna cost is another story.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Oh, and don't miss the Mike's hard lemonaid free samples! hahahaha.
    really helps to explain this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Tige and Centurion are both doing some amazing stuff.

What? Tige and Centurion hater? ROFL.

Hey, they are certainly innovating and pushing the envelope on surf waves. What's not to like about more ideas and innovations being brought to the table. Heck, it keeps the rest of the players from getting lazy.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So has SC said yet if the flow will work just fine with stock ballast ? Or is the jury still out since its new and its winter if it is still gonna need some extra weight and still have the need for some nose weight ? I have the 13 LSV and was told it wont be available till March for the LSV,I was going to add the IBS and upgrade the 1100's sometime this winter,but if I can save some coin on just adding the flow that would be great,Any thoughts ?
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Iam waiting on that answer as well, I was going to do the same mods, but I have put them on hold for now

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

The Tige Convex isn't new. They may have advertised it as new since the original version was a disaster.

I'd bet you guys would appreciate the extra weight in addition to the FLOW but that's my guess.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

well I have what I think is about as much surf ballast as the LSV can handle and love my wave, but will the flow add more length and/or push to my wave ? or could I run less ballast and have the same wave ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart