Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    1). Post pics
    2). Order 1,100's from wakemakers. They are plug & play
    3). Order IBS, bosworth Y,1" fixed Y and a some hose & clamps from wakemakers.
    4). Install #2
    5). Enjoy a few cold ones
    6). Install #3
    7). Enjoy a few cold ones
    . Go surf
    9). Enjoy a few cold ones
    10). Post pics of you all surfing and enjoying a few cold ones
    That sounds like good advice! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    As mentioned in many posts this year, our family REALLY enjoyed surfing behind our 2012 Mojo this season! With help from Moombadaze and Spencer from Wakemakers and stealing ideas from lasvboombox, by the end of the season we got the ballast system figured out. I believe that this setup will work for the 2013 Mojo as well as the 2013 LSV.

My objectives for the system were as follows:

1) Provide a "better than good" regular surf wave.

2) Entirely hidden.

3) No additional pumps, drilling into the hull, etc.

4) Controlled from the driver's seat.

5) Reasonable fill time.

Using a tsunami pump & throwing bags around the boat for the first half of the season, we found the best wave was achieved by weighting the boat as follows:

1) 1,100 lb sac full in port locker

2) 370 lb "tube" sac full under port seats

3) 1,100 lb sac about 40% full in starboard locker

4) 450 lb stock, center hard tank full

5) 650 lb bow sac full

Yep, that's just over 3,000 lbs of ballast. The 345hp Indmar surf motor has no problem getting the Mojo up on plane.

Here is an overview of the system I set up. The blue are fill lines, and the red are vent lines.

The port (or left "L") pump fills/empties the port 1,100 and 370 tube sac. The fill line is simply "T'd" and the line for the 370 runs under the 1,100. The 370 is vented back into the top port on the 1,100 and the 1,100 is vented thru a check valve out the side of the boat. If I do not want to use the 370, I filled a connection with epoxy and can easily cap the fill ine off.

The starboard (or right "R") pump fills/empties the starboard 1,100 sac. No mods done to the factory fill and simply added a check vavle to the vent line.

The center ("C") pump fills/empties the center hard tank and the IBS. At the point the factory tank vent lines runs out from under the floor in the bow storage, I installed the Bosworth directional Y valve. If I choose not to run the IBS, I can vent the center tank out the side. If I want to run the IBS, I rotate the valve and the center tank vents into the IBS. The IBS vent line is "Y'd" back into the factory vent line with a check valve installed.

Purchased and installed all of above per drew's specs, complete with the bosworth directional Y and extra fitting filled with epoxy. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!! We've been running the stock ballast with (1) 750 up front and (1) 750 on rear port seat while we waited for the order form WM. That wasn't bad but this is like a completely different boat. This is spot on the perfect setup for anyone with a mojo.

Not to mentioned if filled perfectly, fit perfectly, drained perfectly. With the check valves there wasn't a drop of water left in any of the bags.

I was able to do the complete mod in just under 2 hours thanks to this post.

Thank you Drew for doing all the leg work!

Anyone that has a mojo and likes to surf this is the best $$$ and time you could possibly spend.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

Nice! Glad you're pleased with the results. I've been toying with the idea of switching to an Enzo sac, but having a hard time with that $400+ price tag.

As some have mentioned, I do sometimes have issues with the center tank fully draining. Some have tried different style check valves, I've just been popping off the IBS fill/drain line after its flat.

I've also found when it's just the family, a 150lb "brick" bag in the port corner is great. However, I also found out yesterday that I'm getting old and that trying to move that little sucker from one side to the other while the boat is pitching around isn't good for my back. I tweaked my freakin back so bad yesterday!

I find it highly illegal to weight and test a mojo on the south end of ones lake without the proper supervision from an elder forum member...

Can't wait to see the pictures

North end member

Happy Father's Day
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

South end wave:
    Untitled.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    Way back - still alot of push
    Untitled 3.jpg
    '13 Mojo

Very nice!!!! Looks like that wave is dialed in good, now just have to show you some flat water spots on the lake.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Hello Wolfeman, your setup looks great and I'm planning to upgrade my stock gravity3 system on my Mojo (which is poor for surfing). I maybe do your setup but have some questions :

- the 370 tube sac is the 62" length ? looks too long to fit under the seat (it's the only 370 sac available now) if not, I just find an other one that fit.

- do you have the list of all the fitting and hose that you used? (sorry for that one...). I live in switzerland so it is not simple for me to order a single "missed fitting" have to wait 2 weeks and cost me 38$ of shipping for a 2$ item

- the stock ballast are 3x 150lbs (4'30 of filling time) ? And it is not possible to upgrade the center ballast ?
    Thank you very much
    2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2x1100lbs, 370lbs, center hard tank+IBS
    ACME 1235 prop
    Wakeboard Hyperlite Belmont
    Wakeskate Hyperlite Byerly
    Wakesurf Hyperlite Broadcast 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by gurt View Post
    Hello Wolfeman, your setup looks great and I'm planning to upgrade my stock gravity3 system on my Mojo (which is poor for surfing). I maybe do your setup but have some questions :

- the 370 tube sac is the 62" length ? looks too long to fit under the seat (it's the only 370 sac available now) if not, I just find an other one that fit.

- do you have the list of all the fitting and hose that you used? (sorry for that one...). I live in switzerland so it is not simple for me to order a single "missed fitting" have to wait 2 weeks and cost me 38$ of shipping for a 2$ item

- the stock ballast are 3x 150lbs (4'30 of filling time) ? And it is not possible to upgrade the center ballast ?
    Thank you very much
    Gurt
    I have a spreadsheet I put together for my order. Complete with the links to each item on WM. PM me email and I shoot it over to ya.
    '13 Mojo

Way to take car of the Swiss. Don't mess with them or we'll be stuck with second rate chocolate. Plus they have all our secret money.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hello, to understand, I draw the schematic of the setup. Could you tell me if I'm right ?
    Thank you

2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2x1100lbs, 370lbs, center hard tank+IBS
    ACME 1235 prop
    Wakeboard Hyperlite Belmont
    Wakeskate Hyperlite Byerly
    Wakesurf Hyperlite Broadcast 5.4