Default Leno actuator fail

Well it looks like one of the Lenco actuators on my surf system has failed with only 33 hours on the 2015 Mondo. Just wondering it it's a common problem?

Has anyone replaced it before? Does anyone know if I can just replace the head of the unit without pulling all the wires through the hull?

Thanks. B
    2015 Moomba Mondo surf
    Auto flow surf 2.0
    Nautic logic gps
    Samson reverse arch
    1100 fat sac.

Mine have been a headache headache since new on my 16 craz with 90 hrs. Not sure if it's a software problem or the actual actuator though. There were a few others on here with similar problems. I think the one guy had one replaced. Is it not being fixed under warranty?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Mine have been a headache headache since new on my 16 craz with 90 hrs. Not sure if it's a software problem or the actual actuator though. There were a few others on here with similar problems. I think the one guy had one replaced. Is it not being fixed under warranty?

Dealer is 4 hour drive away so it's really not worth the effort to try and get service. Also one month past a year so I would hate take it all they way then having to pay for it anyways. Going to try and send it direct to Lenco after my new one arrives.
    2015 Moomba Mondo surf
    Auto flow surf 2.0
    Nautic logic gps
    Samson reverse arch
    1100 fat sac.

Quote Originally Posted by Brians View Post
    Dealer is 4 hour drive away so it's really not worth the effort to try and get service. Also one month past a year so I would hate take it all they way then having to pay for it anyways. Going to try and send it direct to Lenco after my new one arrives.
    I know the struggle. Mine work fine most of the time, but my dealer is 3 hrs away so I'm waiting another month to take it in. Does it not work at all? Do you have a way of testing the actuator itself? I know it was stated in another thread on here that not letting the dash fully boot up before starting or engaging the throttle could cause problems. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but it's worth considering.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I know the struggle. Mine work fine most of the time, but my dealer is 3 hrs away so I'm waiting another month to take it in. Does it not work at all? Do you have a way of testing the actuator itself? I know it was stated in another thread on here that not letting the dash fully boot up before starting or engaging the throttle could cause problems. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but it's worth considering.

Makes noise but does not move. Good point about the boot up.
    2015 Moomba Mondo surf
    Auto flow surf 2.0
    Nautic logic gps
    Samson reverse arch
    1100 fat sac.

Damn that sucks man. Makes me wanna wait a few years tell they work the bugs out if I stay with SC. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

-- not letting the dash fully boot up before starting or engaging the throttle could cause problems.
    Used to be you would buy a Moomba to avoid this kind of thing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Guys, just an FYI that those Lenco actuators can be tested with a battery. Just disconnect the 2 wire connector for the tab and get some thin wire that can be pushed into the connector and then apply positive to one side and negative to the other. It will actuate one way or the other (if it works). Then reverse polarity to test other direction. Just worth checking that the actuator is really your issue or not.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Well I received my new one from the dealer(had trouble finding a Canadian supplier). 2 weeks and 400 Canadian. I changed just the bottom end and did not rerun all the wires through the boat. Took 5 min. I filled out the Lenco warrenty and they immediately sent we a service code (good service). I will let you know how the warrenty goes when I get it back. Too bad it looks like we are having an early fall in northern Alberta.
    2015 Moomba Mondo surf
    Auto flow surf 2.0
    Nautic logic gps
    Samson reverse arch
    1100 fat sac.

I received the replacement actuator via UPS today from Lenco. 12 day to get the replacement back. Very happy with the service they provided.
    2015 Moomba Mondo surf
    Auto flow surf 2.0
    Nautic logic gps
    Samson reverse arch
    1100 fat sac.