Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jimmobius View Post
    Ok , I work less than half the year, ( including 5 weeks vacation and paid holidays) , am well compensated for working a maintenance position, and get free beer every month!! Guess where I work...
    Jim.
    You are living the dream Jim! Keep it alive! KEEP IT ALIVE FOR ALL OF US DREAMERS!

I do have a client who supplies their employees with a "beer cart day" once a month. It is on Friday at 3-4 and they literally have a budget (over $500) once a month. Its the craziest thing I have ever seen. They were based in Atlanta but were bought by corporation in Toronto who is apparently letting this tradition slide.

Must be nice.

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? I have been at it for 3 years now (22 with the company). The free beer every month (3 cases) is a nice benefit , I always seem to make it last till the next month. The work schedule is 4 days on and 4 days off , rotating from days to graveyard every 2 rotations, 12hour shifts. Miller Coors is the place.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Oh yeah and the banks can get off there high horses anytime soon, there killing me No offence Deerfield.
    Sled - None taken. I understand. But I do want to share that in 2009, the bank for which I work extended $760 billion in new credit, including $12 billion to small business customers. During the same 12-month period the bank assisted 1.5 million customers with the purchase or refinance of a home and more than 400,000 customers modify their loan to avoid foreclosure. Banks, including mine, have made some bad decisions, but there is this side of the story too. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

After having a pretty lousy day when I posted about babysitting adults I got to thinking, yup I still hate having to baby sit, however, I get six weeks paid time off, nice 401K, excellent medical and very good pay and I do like my job! And having friends and family that are out of work I am grateful for my job!!

I am with Sled. I control everything. My only complaint is that there is a big lack of communication between contractors. Also dealing with designers that have no idea what the hell they are doing. It seems because of these tough times, people become contractors or wan-a-be contractors. These people need to leave it to the experts and no one will get hurt.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by h2oskierrick View Post
    After having a pretty lousy day when I posted about babysitting adults I got to thinking, yup I still hate having to baby sit, however, I get six weeks paid time off, nice 401K, excellent medical and very good pay and I do like my job! And having friends and family that are out of work I am grateful for my job!!
    Your right. All of us with solid places of employment should be very grateful.

It could be a LOT worse, that is fact.

Default work work

I do not have many complaints about my job. It has it's ups and downs, working only 6 months a year is definitely and up! However not getting to really choose what days you don't work can be annoying, a lot of missed holidays and birthdays gets old.

the offshore GOM oil patch used to be real secure employment until the president got involved. Now I am working in off the coast of egypt every other month and took a pay cut to be here. oh well, i guess i will rack up alot of frequent flier miles! get to go home in 3 days !!!!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

wellll. i work in the Agriculture industry and i enjoy my job but.... dealing with farmers can get pretty frustrating at times... I do understand that they are working in one of the most volatile industries there is... however it get annoying when a customer asks me if i'll give him price protection on his fall fertilizer purchase in case it drops in the spring! I've started saying sure but if the wheat price in the same time rises you have to pay me the difference on that price as well then! that usually ends that line of thinking. This year was very trying due to record amounts of rainfall, and it will affect the seedable acres next spring as well....

On the other side of the coin... i get 4 weeks of holidays, and have an understanding boss that knows the amount of overtime i put in during seeding and spraying season and lets me sneak away during july and august for a day here and there to make up for it...
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!