Default Swim platform dragging in water

Has anyone come up with any solutions for this when wakesurfing? I have noticed my whole platform is dragging while surfing and I am sure there has to be some negative effects as there is about a 2" lip on the outer edge grabbing the water.

How do you think this is altering the wake? Also how much stress do you think this is putting on the platform and transom?

I'm not sure what kind of solution your asking for? It's typical on all boats to have the platform "dragging", it generally helps to shape the wave. I know of a few people who've tried removing the platform as a test and the wave sucks without it. At surfing speeds i seriously doubt it's putting much stress on it.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I was not aware if it helped shape the wave, I guess I have my answer to that. I have noticed what looks like stress cracks along the the outside edge of the playform where it turns down 90. I was thinking of maybe trying to fill in the underside io this 90 degree angle with fibreglass or something to help the water make its way by the grid without grabbing so much.

Quote Originally Posted by deepcove View Post
    I was not aware if it helped shape the wave, I guess I have my answer to that. I have noticed what looks like stress cracks along the the outside edge of the playform where it turns down 90. I was thinking of maybe trying to fill in the underside io this 90 degree angle with fibreglass or something to help the water make its way by the grid without grabbing so much.
    deep,

Centurion's surf specific wakeboat has a narrower swim platform that is also trapezoidal in shape, presumably to reduce the amount of effect it has on the surf wave.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

go buy a new set of brackets for the platform. you should have 4401 stamped on the current brackets. we bought a set of 4402(I think). they have a little more of an angle to them. platform now sits up a little. raised the back about 3", and made a huge difference in the surf wake, but is still useable as a platform, but it does feel a little funny when sitting on the end of it.
    I need to snap some pics of them, but boat is at the dealer getting a ton of warranty gelcoat work done...
    I don't really know what the other bracket model number fits, but it was a bolt-on affair for us. we found them by accident when the dealer was out of 4401's and sold me these 2, as the only set they have.

I'll take some pics once the boat is back..

Should go to teak anyway because it is sooooo pretty. We have a teak platform and I don't recall seeing it dragging while surfing.
    Got to go make more Grape koolaid!!!!
    Last edited by zegm; 10-31-2008 at 02:50 PM.

No I would never mock you! I am just waiting for the day when I see a picture of a gorgeous teak deck on the back of your boat. BUT I believe it will be made with your own hands! I have seen what you can do with Wood!!!

Me and wood don't get along!!!!