Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Just filled her up for the second time, just shy of 1200 miles now.

Last night was 566 on the trip and 33.5 gallons to fill it. Making it 16.8

Truck's computer is surprising close on mileage and fuel used.
    Truck said Mileage was 17.1 hand calc 16.8
    Truck said i used 32.6 gallons Took 33.5 with topping it to the dollar.

Pretty happy with driving the truck still, did a few spirited passing runs on ole HW47 and she gets up and goes from 40 to 80. You can feel the turbos boost up and the power roll on.

Still not as fast as the F350 or seat of the pants fast with the power it had.

Course if the F150 had something other then factory exhaust so you could get a little sound with that seat of the pants feeling then mentally it might feel different.

The Eco has no exhaust sound at all in the truck, when you full throttle it if the stereo is turned down low you get some engine growl but thats it really.

I do miss the roar of the F350's straight exhaust and the whine, and blow off sounds of the F350s twin turbos.

I'm time I will have to upgrade to a CAI and exhaust just for sound reasons LOL.

Time to take the ole Vette for a ride, with its Cat and Resonator only exhaust, she has a nice deep rumble and when you stomp that skinny pedal ...She Gone!

I calculated mine and it was fairly colse to the lie o meter. I have a few buds with these trucks. Some have done the exhaust, CAI-difference in milage, some have exhaust, CAI, livernoise tune- woke it up on 89 tune but really no big difference in milage.
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

Quote Originally Posted by C.Hern5972 View Post
    I calculated mine and it was fairly colse to the lie o meter. I have a few buds with these trucks. Some have done the exhaust, CAI-difference in milage, some have exhaust, CAI, livernoise tune- woke it up on 89 tune but really no big difference in milage.
    Yea when if and when I do the exhaust and CAI as long as I'm not losing mileage then I'm ok, just want to hear a little more grunt from the truck when I push her a bit lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I've been doing a little research and i have a a buddy at a muffler shop.I am led to believe there can and is quite a variety of sound levels that can be had with basically the same power results .....But some have a terrible DRONE which if lots of continous ie highway driving is involved may be a real nuisance . Especially if you have others(kids) in the back seat..

Also the different quility levels and materials, Some use Aluminum ,but for me i want stainless as we have a harsh roadsalt environment to deal with in winters. Prices vary i'm leaning toward a Corsa set up , but of course one of the most expensive options,especially up here.

Sadly car/truck parts are astronomically priced on many items vrs shopping for stuff in USA. You guys down south have a big advantage,price wise especially when it comes to aftermarket prices. I'm tempted next Holiday to have a few upgrades down while down south but its nice to have done locallly or at home in case there are issues that need to be rectified and i hate to spoil a holiday running around if there are after issues...

Really depends what you want and expect especially on the exhuast, only a few options on CAI to fit the Ecoboost and quite a variety of tuners....
    Last edited by Mikey; 01-03-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    07 Outback DD

Nice Truck!! I have a 12' ecoboost and love it! One thing i might recommend doing since you added the leveling kit like i did is also adding a rear add-leaf to the back so when your towing your boat you dont sit nose high.. there dirt cheap and add almost 900lbs extra payload. When i hook our 07' XLV to the back it sits perfectly level and when towing i feel it has plenty of power when I step in down on the interstate to pass those little gas saving cars! We have had ours for a year now and no problems/complaints yet! Get about 11/12mpg on a no wind situation going 75mph.. warmer weather/more broken in motor seems to help on those mpg too (we are at 25K on the truck) from what i can tell as the time goes on, but everyone has there claim to fame mpg of there truck haha.. Only known problems my uncle has told me about these trucks as he works at ford dealer as a mechanic is they have intercooler issues still which is hit or miss.
    Last edited by powerstroke99; 01-11-2014 at 03:17 AM.
    07 Gravity Games Edition XLV
    -EXiled Out System Amps,Sub,Speakers,etc.. Modified Gravity III Ballast, Blue Leds Throughtout boat, still more to come!

02 Moomba LSV "SOLD"

Tow Rig-12' F150 Ecoboost-leveled/intake

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke99 View Post
    Nice Truck!! I have a 12' ecoboost and love it! One thing i might recommend doing since you added the leveling kit like i did is also adding a rear add-leaf to the back so when your towing your boat you dont sit nose high.. there dirt cheap and add almost 900lbs extra payload. When i hook our 07' XLV to the back it sits perfectly level and when towing i feel it has plenty of power when I step in down on the interstate to pass those little gas saving cars! We have had ours for a year now and no problems/complaints yet! Get about 11/12mpg on a no wind situation going 75mph.. warmer weather/more broken in motor seems to help on those mpg too (we are at 25K on the truck) from what i can tell as the time goes on, but everyone has there claim to fame mpg of there truck haha.. Only known problems my uncle has told me about these trucks as he works at ford dealer as a mechanic is they have intercooler issues still which is hit or miss.
    Great info, I'll look into the add a leaf. I normally go Air Bags but I'll look into it.

I did hook the Mojo up to it the other day just to see about the drop, I was expecting 3-4 inches but it only droped 2. Pretty surprised. I do have to get something for the rear though as lifting the front I had to re-aim my HIDs, and if I put the boat on then I will be blinding people again lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Last real update till I tow with the truck. Just filled her up again last night.

581 miles to the tank, 33 gal. 17.5 mpg
    Truck said i used 33.5 gal and was getting 17.8 for the tank.

I have to say I have stepped into her a few times and she does get up and go. Case in point rolling 30mph punch it and the rear end will break lose and spin. Also rolling 40mph and it will break lose. Some of this might be the cheap factory tires but it does show this truck is making some torque. As fare as driving the truck, its a real pleasure.

I have decided to go with the Roadmaster active suspension this time.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ras-4611/overview/
    [COLOR="#696969"]

ive had my '13 fx4, quad cab, 5.5ft bed, 3.7 since april and I havnt seen anything close to the mileage you're getting. When it was stock i would average mid-15s on mixed highway/city and never really saw much of an improvement on solely highway. Now with the level and 33s, the computer tells me 13.5-14.1 mixed without the chip being reflashed to accomodate the larger tire size so in reality its prolly 0.5mpg better. Towing from Ohio to NC through the hills of WV, i averaged 10.5 with the bigger tires. Overall like everyone else has said, it tows about as good as it gets for a gasser, but unfortunately i have not seen the mpg that others have posted. I drive like a grandma too.
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

Quote Originally Posted by freshturk View Post
    ive had my '13 fx4, quad cab, 5.5ft bed, 3.7 since april and I havnt seen anything close to the mileage you're getting. When it was stock i would average mid-15s on mixed highway/city and never really saw much of an improvement on solely highway. Now with the level and 33s, the computer tells me 13.5-14.1 mixed without the chip being reflashed to accomodate the larger tire size so in reality its prolly 0.5mpg better. Towing from Ohio to NC through the hills of WV, i averaged 10.5 with the bigger tires. Overall like everyone else has said, it tows about as good as it gets for a gasser, but unfortunately i have not seen the mpg that others have posted. I drive like a grandma too.
    I hear ya man, unfortunatly like you say, MPG is relative to area, and driving conditions. I do drive it pretty easy most of the time. I rarely go over 2K rpm and the stretch i drive to work is 55 and relativly flat. I have 20 miles 55 with 2 slow down to 30 sections for 1/2 mile. Then 8 miles city 30-45 mph area, lots of traffic lights but they are timed so I eighter hit none, or 1.

I really haven't had her up on the Highway 60+ yet. I have 1700 miles now.

I did see a slight drop .3-.5mpg drop when i lifted the front but I am still running the 18 all terrain tires. I would expect a drop when I upgrade to 33BF or Toyo Country's once these are worn out.

I am seeing a 2mpg increase across the board compared to the F350. Nice gain and with the price difference in Diesel to Unleaded here I'm saving about 20 bucks a tank plus gaining 100 miles per tank.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'm guessing you've already seen this:

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...#axzz2qgmSpqLb

Shoot, we all need to make sure we drink canned beer instead of bottled from here on out to support this American company! Say yes to Aluminum.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!