Default Anyone install a bow rail?

My Outback V doesn't have a bow rail and that's something I'd like to eventually add. Is this basically the same process as installing a cleat or is there more to it? Is there anywhere to get the rails or do I need to get the parts ordered through a dealer?

There was a thread a few months ago on this topic. It also talked about rails coming lose.

As where to buy a rail im not sure.

As to the installation it was a matter of drilling the holes into the spot where you want the rail. They do a contortionist move to get the bolts up there and tighten it down. Might want to add some bracing from metal or that back wood/fiber board stuff they make the engine to ballast area covers out of. I cant think of that material.

Heres that Thread i mentioned.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ight=hand+rail
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by pmoomba View Post
    My Outback V doesn't have a bow rail and that's something I'd like to eventually add. Is this basically the same process as installing a cleat or is there more to it? Is there anywhere to get the rails or do I need to get the parts ordered through a dealer?
    Overton's sells them.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/search.cgi

Just drill the holes and insert the studs, then put stainless fender washers and locknuts on the other side. Might need a deep socket and a long extension. I wouldn't think you would need to reinforce it as it's just a grab rail.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV