Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

100% agree with the subjectivity of listening to speakers. I'd even venture to say within someone's own collection of music, speakers would sound different. You put in country (no offense anyone) I might not hear subtle audio advantages over a set of speakers playing something more in tune with my choice of music. ie Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.

you tube has some sound tests of the samsons, wetsounds and hollow points. there are all pretty cool but some are really overkill.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default XM7 Exile Speakers

Mr Lurk -

Thanks for the interest on the XM7. I've received a couple emails in the last few days from people on the Moomba forum asking for details. You guys must have a thirst for knowledge. Truth be told, people have given some pretty good feedback in what I've read on this forum. I'll give everyone a few more details.

- Exile & Samson: seems to be a lot of confusion on this. Basically we teamed up with Samson sports because Exile knows high end audio design and Samson knows everything in the world about wakeboard towers. So the bottom line is: you'll be seeing many new "best in class" marine products under the Exile and Samson brands. As it stands now, Exile offers the XM7 in black and chrome while Samson offers the S7 in chrome/chrome. (although they do have a few pair of black and black out there).

- The XM7 is the only HLCD speaker system that has a patented quick disconnect clamping system. It's really easy to use. Installers love it because you can mount the clamp itself on the tower and then click in the speaker after the fact. Consumers love the quick disconnect because you can take your speakers off at the end of the day and keep them safe.

- The XM7 ships with neoprene storage cases that come with the speakers. Other companies offer similar things but we just include them in the box.

- The XM7 is the only HLCD speaker that can swivel 360 degrees and still play music while doing it.

- The XM7 clamp design is actually two clamps in one. Some boat owners can direct fit the clamp directly into their towers while other boats will utilize the entire clamp. either way you can quick release the speaker as mentioned above. The best part is that the audio signal passes right through the clamp and that means no flying wires anywhere. Sure it looks nice, but it also is one less thing exposed to the elements.

- The hang height on the XM7 is fairly low as compared to other brands, and the weight is also pretty low comparatively speaking. All good things to think about when researching speakers.

All this nifty stuff over looks one thing... How the heck do they sound???? We've gone to great effort to provide a tonal quality that sounds great at 80feet as it does at 5 feet. not so easy to do in the marine environment.

Someone mentioned the demo program, which basically goes like this: You can demo the XM7 speakers for 30 days and if you dont like them, send them back. We even will pay freight for the return. We are pretty confident that you'll love them.

Last but not least, the XM7 comes with a standard 3 year warranty. Not sure how that stacks up to the other brands but we think we've got one heck of a solid built product that will stand the test of time.

Hope this helps guys. If I missed something or you have specific questions, shoot me an email to: [email protected] and I'll get you info.

peace!

Brian
    Exile Audio

good info.
    if my boat was on a lift or outdoors, I'd be all over this brand. removability is a huge benefit for those that store outdoors to keep others from enjoying your hard work
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Mr Lurk -

Thanks for the interest on the XM7. I've received a couple emails in the last few days from people on the Moomba forum asking for details. You guys must have a thirst for knowledge. Truth be told, people have given some pretty good feedback in what I've read on this forum. I'll give everyone a few more details.

- Exile & Samson: seems to be a lot of confusion on this. Basically we teamed up with Samson sports because Exile knows high end audio design and Samson knows everything in the world about wakeboard towers. So the bottom line is: you'll be seeing many new "best in class" marine products under the Exile and Samson brands. As it stands now, Exile offers the XM7 in black and chrome while Samson offers the S7 in chrome/chrome. (although they do have a few pair of black and black out there).

- The XM7 is the only HLCD speaker system that has a patented quick disconnect clamping system. It's really easy to use. Installers love it because you can mount the clamp itself on the tower and then click in the speaker after the fact. Consumers love the quick disconnect because you can take your speakers off at the end of the day and keep them safe.

- The XM7 ships with neoprene storage cases that come with the speakers. Other companies offer similar things but we just include them in the box.

- The XM7 is the only HLCD speaker that can swivel 360 degrees and still play music while doing it.

- The XM7 clamp design is actually two clamps in one. Some boat owners can direct fit the clamp directly into their towers while other boats will utilize the entire clamp. either way you can quick release the speaker as mentioned above. The best part is that the audio signal passes right through the clamp and that means no flying wires anywhere. Sure it looks nice, but it also is one less thing exposed to the elements.

- The hang height on the XM7 is fairly low as compared to other brands, and the weight is also pretty low comparatively speaking. All good things to think about when researching speakers.

All this nifty stuff over looks one thing... How the heck do they sound???? We've gone to great effort to provide a tonal quality that sounds great at 80feet as it does at 5 feet. not so easy to do in the marine environment.

Someone mentioned the demo program, which basically goes like this: You can demo the XM7 speakers for 30 days and if you dont like them, send them back. We even will pay freight for the return. We are pretty confident that you'll love them.

Last but not least, the XM7 comes with a standard 3 year warranty. Not sure how that stacks up to the other brands but we think we've got one heck of a solid built product that will stand the test of time.

Hope this helps guys. If I missed something or you have specific questions, shoot me an email to: [email protected] and I'll get you info.

peace!

Brian
    Exile Audio
    You have my full attention to these speakers right now. I got some KMT6 this year and i love the way they project and think they sound great. I would really like a higher quality speaker and would love to have removable speakers as my boat does sit on my street in the summer when im taking it out every day. It stays in the garage when im working and in bad weather, winter times. Removable speakers would make this whole event easier thats for sure. I have the Kicker 450.2 amp for the towers. I would think this is powerful enough for the Exiles? Id be interested in seeing them in person and hearing them also.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

mmandley - lol your local to us. If it was still summer I'd tell you to come by and we put a set on your tower and go for a test drive. Just give me a heads up and you can come over anytime. Makes for a real easy show and tell.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Cool man sounds good. I am hopping we can get that tour set up or something. I spoke to my lady and shes pretty excited to learn more about this stuff too. I can come by anytime Monday and Tuesdays. Id assume you have them set up as a display or something to see and hear?

Yea sucks summer is over now.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    You have my full attention to these speakers right now. I got some KMT6 this year and i love the way they project and think they sound great. I would really like a higher quality speaker and would love to have removable speakers as my boat does sit on my street in the summer when im taking it out every day. It stays in the garage when im working and in bad weather, winter times. Removable speakers would make this whole event easier thats for sure. I have the Kicker 450.2 amp for the towers. I would think this is powerful enough for the Exiles? Id be interested in seeing them in person and hearing them also.
    If you ran one pair on the 450.2 it would be okay but if you wanted two pair I would get another 450.2 or a larger single amp.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    If you ran one pair on the 450.2 it would be okay but if you wanted two pair I would get another 450.2 or a larger single amp.
    Yea im thinking at the price they expect for these id start with 1 pair. I dont want to buy another amp right now, nor do i want to drop 1500 on my tower. 1 Set i think will work for now lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So now that winter is over and I'm sure some people have done some winter projects, any feedback on either the Exile or Wetsounds speakers? I am looking into getting some tower speakers but the problem is I dont have a dealer anywhere close to me for either company. I bought my boat in October and I am picking it up next month, it didn't come with tower speakers though.