Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Carpet

Looks real nice man realy nice

As for the 08 LSVs yea it sucks, I know Newty is pretty miticulous about cleaning his boat as am i. My carpet likes to get flat and i vacume it and it looks a lot better but still doesnt take to much time before it looks flat again.

Only parts i see comming out easy are the 2 alluminum floor panels covering the fuel tank. After that i think you have to remove a lot of bolts and at best slide the edges of the carpet under the riser where the seats are.

I think this will be a 3rd or 4th season job but as for now i try to keep it as clean as possible and vacume it a lot.

Newty, if me and you deside to do this, its your boats turn to be the test subject, mine was the test subject for cutting up the panel for the stereo remote haha
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So finally got the new carpet on my sub and cup holders and back in the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    06 Outback V

Sweet!! What were the measurements of the box? Nice job.

Aqua
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

I love this!! This is something I will definatly be doing in the near future!! Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic View Post
    Sweet!! What were the measurements of the box? Nice job.

Aqua
    Sorry just saw this. The box is approx. 16 L X 14 H X 10 D = 1.3 FT3
    Last edited by byronkoz; 04-13-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    06 Outback V

I wonder what it would cost to have someone completely remove and finish the floor and add snap-in carpet. This sounds like something I want to do come fall, lol...
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I wonder what it would cost to have someone completely remove and finish the floor and add snap-in carpet. This sounds like something I want to do come fall, lol...
    Ian i had thought of that as well. There's a couple of problems with that as i see it. I seriously doubt the floor is finished gel coat and every snap in setup i've seen leaves gaps where the floor shows around the carpet, especially on locker doors, etc. So you'd more than likely see black or gray composite floor.

The other issue is that being as the carpet is one piece on the floor and then the upper deck is installed and bolted down you can't easily remove ALL the carpet. So you have to cut it somewhere. Cut around the floor perimeter and you'll see it under the rubber base strip. Cut behind the seat base and you'll have a gap you'll also see.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yeah the floor is pretty ugly. The floor is actually fiberglass and isnt finished at all. It could be sanded and then gel coated to make it look nice but that would be quite a bit of work as well.
    06 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by byronkoz View Post
    Yeah the floor is pretty ugly. The floor is actually fiberglass and isnt finished at all. It could be sanded and then gel coated to make it look nice but that would be quite a bit of work as well.
    Yeah WAY too much work! I'm with the school of thought to just cut out the floor section when bad and glue in better carpet to the rubber sole molding, or cut back to the other side and slide the new under. If done right you'd never know the diff except when looking into lockers and who cares there. My locker carpet still looks like new!

I'm going to actually use the wifes Bissell carpet shampoo thingy on mine. It's nice and compact and should get into almost everywhere, at least to the worst areas. I think what i'll do is using a brush, carpet cleaner and water first scrub the entire thing gently and suck up the mess with the shop vac, then use the Bissell. We'll see how it goes.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Go over it with hot water several times when you get done. Try to get all the soap out of the carpet. Reason: The soap left in there will actually grab onto dirt and make the carpet look bad again sooner. Take it from a guy with 6 kids in the house.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!