Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Unsatisfactory Experience with SeaDek

This is just a quick notice to potential customers of SeaDek. I just wanted to express my experience working with the company. I am not bashing or saying that they are a horrible organization as I only have one experience to reference my opinion (albeit unpleasant).

Here is what happened.

I ordered a new swim deck pad from SeaDek a month or so ago. I chose the Moomba Roo Logo 3 pc. and was very excited to get it. When it arrived it was missing the Roo. So I called them and they told me the reason for that was because I had not chosen the correct logo option from the selection box.

Now here is where we were at odds. I assumed that since the title of the product (both on the website and on my reciept) says "Moomba Roo Logo 3 pc" that it would contain the Moomba Roo Logo when it arrived. But since I did not choose the "Manufacturer's Logo" from the logo box it did not.

When I expressed that most people would assume that if they ordered a product that had the title of Moomba Roo Logo (and the product drawing on the web page contains the roo) they would think that is what they were getting without having to select to have the logo added. I had assumed this selection was for an additional logo (like the word "Moomba" somewhere) since the other option was to have a custom logo. SeaDek disagreed and said you could add your own logo if you wanted. My opinion is at that point it is no longer a "Moomba Roo Logo" product...They disagreed.

Now I am not here to tell people not to buy anything from them or say they are a bad company as that is not my way.

But, I am here to say that I would double/triple check what you are getting before you order and I would call them before you order and make sure what you are ordering is what you expect. Do it up front because after the fact it is too late.

For full disclosure...they did offer to sell me another one at a discount but that wasn't acceptable in my book because I don't think I should have to pay for something that isn't correct and why in the world would I want two pads?

So if someone would like to buy a "Moombe Roo Logo 3 pc" swim platform pad that is missing the Roo let me know.
    2003 Outback

Wow, just wow.

I'm sure Ed has a spare one laying around, he seems to get them for free according to him.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Man, that is pretty bad. Unacceptable in my book as well. Sadly, it seems they can take that approach as their schedule seems to be full with OEM production. I had stalled production/delivery time due to this increase in OEM production on my order.

FWIW, I wouldn't have even thought "Manufacturer's Logo" meant the Roo. I would have thought you were changing away from the Roo to the actual manufacturer's logo.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The picture on the website shows the logo and that's what I'd expect too..

You should ask to speak to a manager or owner, be polite, but determined...

Do you have buyer protection like american express?

If all else fails I'd dispute the charges with your credit card, you can mention that as a last resort to SeaDek. They'll probably honor your request but blacklist you from future purchases. They should at least update the pics to reflect the non-logo base product...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

That was my point as well - it never crossed my mind that the Manufacturer's Logo meant the Roo. And it would be one thing if I had to "unselect the logo" (still not acceptable) but you have to actually choose that option but by default it doesn't have a logo.
    2003 Outback

Go get a screen shot of that right now before they change it.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I actually spoke with the owner so it was pretty final. I hadn't thought of disputing the charges - that's a good idea since in my book it is false advertising. Not on purpose mind you but still...
    2003 Outback

I love the Sea Dek product but they seem to have gotten too big for their britches and forgotten who helped them get there. Perhaps soon there will be another manufacturer of similar products who will be a little more customer friendly to the little guys-- at least that is what I hear in the wind. I say go to the credit card co. and explain your dissatisfaction.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I love the Sea Dek product but they seem to have gotten too big for their britches and forgotten who helped them get there. Perhaps soon there will be another manufacturer of similar products who will be a little more customer friendly to the little guys-- at least that is what I hear in the wind. I say go to the credit card co. and explain your dissatisfaction.
    Why I always use my american express, maybe your card has something similar..

What is Return Protection?
    Return Protection1 offers you product satisfaction on designated items purchased entirely with an eligible American Express Card. If you try to return a designated item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won't take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, excluding shipping and handling, and up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Cardmember Account.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Why I always use my american express, maybe your card has something similar..

What is Return Protection?
    Return Protection1 offers you product satisfaction on designated items purchased entirely with an eligible American Express Card. If you try to return a designated item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won't take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, excluding shipping and handling, and up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Cardmember Account.
    Also, check the website before you call, there's a whole list of exceptions, make sure when you describe it it's not one of them. or just dispute the charge all together...