Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I was just recommending stacking the bags as a temporary solution.

It worked well for me today. When we switched to wakeboarding, I just switched the bag back to the other side. It only took two minutes.

The top bag didn't empty all of the way because the bottom bag sucked so flat, the pump couldn't pull anymore out of the top bag.

I may use this setup again, but still have plans to either get 1100 + 370 on either side.

Here is the port locker with the double stack. I guess it was 1000+ pounds.

photo 3-2.jpg
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Ok just wanted to throw in an update...I bought a 1100, the local shop had only one. I didn't plumb it in yet, but I just got done surfing (still on the boat, emptying the jumbo) and holy crap what a difference! The wake was huge and great. Honestly rivals any wake I've had before on some real expensive boats with a lot of ballast and people! I like a steep wake, so I don't think I need any more weight in the bow. I had my wife adjust the wakeplate some, and I liked it all the way up and steep.

So I'm going to plumb it in, I went to home depot and the house and couplers I need are like $20. So instead of that, I'm going to buy the extension kit at wakemakers for $30. Then I'll take the top stock fitting off the stock bag and use it and a small piece of hose to connect the two stock 275 bags together on the right. Nobody I surf with is goofy and 550 on each side is plenty for wakeboarding. So basically for $220 I'll have my 1100 on the left and 550 on the right. When I wakeboard I'll just empty the left halfway to have 550 on both sides. I didn't use my spare 350 today, don't need it with the 1100. So I'll have that just in case I need some in the bow at some point.

So I think I'll have my goal met with only buying one 1100, great surf wake, great wakeboard wake, and everything plumbed in!

Thanks for everybody's input.

Btw, I didn't see a need to put the braces in. I was watching for it, but my dividing wall barely bent. Don't think I'll need it.

Also, have you guys with the 1100s removed the little hydraulic lifter that holds the door open? The bracket looks like it digs pretty far into the bag with the door shut. My lifter is too weak to hold it open anyway, so I guess why not remove it.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Default Plumb in extra rear bag?

You're welcome...and no I didn't remove mine. I don't fill it so its bursting that way when I close it it has enough cushion not to hurt anything. FWIW when it's just my wife and I and the kids I don't use now weight either. I only use it when we have a bunch of people in the boat. I like a big steep wave myself as we'll and have found the pocket to be long and just fine without bow weight on the occasions when it's just us.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Glad you found a good solution and saved some money... Now put that money to good use and get an IBS! You said you wakeboard primarily and weight up front is the best way to a better wake with your hull. Plus you are just out the cost of the bag and some hose/fittings, just like your 1100 upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Ok just wanted to throw in an update...I bought a 1100, the local shop had only one. I didn't plumb it in yet, but I just got done surfing (still on the boat, emptying the jumbo) and holy crap what a difference! The wake was huge and great. Honestly rivals any wake I've had before on some real expensive boats with a lot of ballast and people! I like a steep wake, so I don't think I need any more weight in the bow. I had my wife adjust the wakeplate some, and I liked it all the way up and steep.

So I'm going to plumb it in, I went to home depot and the house and couplers I need are like $20. So instead of that, I'm going to buy the extension kit at wakemakers for $30. Then I'll take the top stock fitting off the stock bag and use it and a small piece of hose to connect the two stock 275 bags together on the right. Nobody I surf with is goofy and 550 on each side is plenty for wakeboarding. So basically for $220 I'll have my 1100 on the left and 550 on the right. When I wakeboard I'll just empty the left halfway to have 550 on both sides. I didn't use my spare 350 today, don't need it with the 1100. So I'll have that just in case I need some in the bow at some point.

So I think I'll have my goal met with only buying one 1100, great surf wake, great wakeboard wake, and everything plumbed in!

Thanks for everybody's input.

Btw, I didn't see a need to put the braces in. I was watching for it, but my dividing wall barely bent. Don't think I'll need it.

Also, have you guys with the 1100s removed the little hydraulic lifter that holds the door open? The bracket looks like it digs pretty far into the bag with the door shut. My lifter is too weak to hold it open anyway, so I guess why not remove it.
    Perfect! Now you should trade me the 275's for my 650. I only need one 1100 and I can use the 275's under my seats.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by NateHaskovec View Post
    Perfect! Now you should trade me the 275's for my 650. I only need one 1100 and I can use the 275's under my seats.
    Nate you read my mind. call or text me.

Thanks to wakemakers for their video on how to pop out the glued fittings from the fat sacs, worked perfectly! Who knows what kind of damage I would've done to those if I took my vice grips to them!

Unfortunately for them, now I'm just going to get a couple feet of 3/4 ID hose and a coupler to extend my fill line. I decided might as well do it on my own instead of buy the $30 kit, since now I'll probably do it for the right side bag also once I get a bigger one.

So now here's my next question. I talked about adding an aux bag to the back, but what about under the bow as we've been talking about? Say I get an IBS and want to plumb it in. Same idea as before, what I was going to do is just run a line from the center bag (the spare outlet, hopefully it's towards the front) to the bow bag. Here's my concerns with doing that:

1. Is the floor under the bow cushions low enough to be below the overflow outlet? So if I'm pumping the center locker bag full, then once it's full the water will flow into the front bag...but if the bag is higher than the outlet the water won't flow into the bag and will just go out the side of the boat. Another point would be once the bag starts filling and expands to some percentage full, maybe the waterline will be above the outlet so I'll only be able to fill it halfway or something, which might not be worth it.

2. Can my stock pump even handle the pressure of pumping the center bag full, then pushing that water up a 3/4 (or 1 inch I'd prob do) into the bag?

I was thinking of even using my stock rear 275's and plumbing both in, one on each side in the bow. But they would only get probably half full, just not a lot of room. Plus Nate wants them lol. I still have my 350 also, can always manually fill that up in the bow if needed.

I'm assuming the best way to plumb an IBS is to add another pump, but I don't want to drill through the hull...yet.

I thunk there are several people using the stock pump exactly as you described but at some point you will probably get tired of the fill time anf want to upgrade. You could add another pump to your existing thru hull intake by just adding a tee and not drilling another hole in the bottom. Or add another sprinkler valve to the end of you manifold to control the IBS. With 1100s and an IBS I would start saving up for a winter upgrade to dedicated pumps.

That's what I thought, I was confused on how it would fit. I didn't look and see, but I just assumed it could extend up into the bow. I wonder why wakemakers says it fits our boats?

It fits the xlv just fine as well as the supra 24's

On the old boat I added an extra rule 2000 fill pumped teed off the inlet,plus an extra manifold and valve, plus two drain pumps, a 4th switch and two vents out the sides of the bow to drain.

Got real good at drilling holes in the boat with the ballast and heater work.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-25-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

cornrickey, I saw your wakegate thread over on the Supra forums, actually just read through it again today. Looks like you are still trying to dial it in quite a bit? I'm sure somebody will come out with a kit (maybe that's your plan?), and then pay Malibu royalties lol! When I first saw it, all I thought of was just putting two hydraulic wakeplates (trim tabs) vertically and doing the same thing, but maybe with a longer trim tab (I've seen some quite a bit longer than the wakeplates on offshore style boats).

Nate, I don't really want to stack the bags because I wakeboard as much as I surf. Half the reason I upgraded to a newer boat was so I had plumbed ballast and could switch from sport to sport whenever (we tube, and I throw on the slalom ski every now and again). I think I'll be fine with 650s or 750s or 1100s, since it will be more than what I have now and like I said before I can surf all day on my wake as is and it's a good wakeboard wake too with what I have. Just always trying to get a little more, never satisfied as my wife says! If I can get your 650 bags, or the other members, for a good deal I'll probably go for it. Otherwise if I have to go new I don't see a point to get 750s when the 1100s are only $80 more. Can always put less weight in a 1100, can't really do more weight in a 750!

Are there aftermarket ballast gauges? I was actually thinking if I got the 1100s, I could basically put some sort of measurement on the wall, like showing percentages full of the bag so I can fill each side up as close as possible to the same amount. That would be the easiest way to do something like that, atleast easiest I could think of. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to eyeball it anyway. I just don't think I'll wakeboard with that much weight, 750 is probably just about right but I wouldn't mind having 1100 for surfing.
    I'm done with the design of the gates. I wasn't able to get it to work with the surf side retracted. I will be removing the surf side gate when switching sides. still it only takes about a minute to do compared to moving bags and there isn't any lean, all bags are hidden and I decrease the weight by about about 1200 lbs. it's a no brainer.