Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Good Price on a Demo?

I am currently negotiating terms with the dealer for a 2019 Moomba Max demo model with 41 hours on it. They are essentially offering me this boat for about 13% off MSRP, treating it as new, storing until spring and honoring the boat show 7-year warranty even though I didn't get it through the show. What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me. I think I’ve heard of the Max going for around 15% off but if you’re getting that other stuff thrown in, everybody wins. You could always leave the price alone and try to get them to throw in the first year or two of oil changes and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Seems good to me. The Max is an awesome boat!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Seems good to me. The Max is an awesome boat!
    Funny thing is...the reason it is a “dealer demo” is because it’s the boat that Moomba chose for all of the promotional pictures and videos. So you avatar may end up being a picture of my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by gsword View Post
    Funny thing is...the reason it is a “dealer demo” is because it’s the boat that Moomba chose for all of the promotional pictures and videos. So you avatar may end up being a picture of my boat.
    My avatar is an edited picture I made. Originally that boat is ultra blue and black with the side graphics and different interior
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gsword View Post
    I am currently negotiating terms with the dealer for a 2019 Moomba Max demo model with 41 hours on it. They are essentially offering me this boat for about 13% off MSRP, treating it as new, storing until spring and honoring the boat show 7-year warranty even though I didn't get it through the show. What do you guys think?
    13% is a really good deal for anything Moomba. Not sure who is offering moombas for 15% off, seems 6-8% discount on new models is about normal for Moombas.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    13% is a really good deal for anything Moomba. Not sure who is offering moombas for 15% off, seems 6-8% discount on new models is about normal for Moombas.
    This has been what I've seen as well for the past year shopping these boats. I don't know what part of the country people are getting 15% off on a new boat I've seen posted on here but I'd say I'd jump at that in a heartbeat lol. On top of the 5-10% off MSRP get the dealer to throw in some extras like ropes, maintenance services, fenders, etc.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

There really should not be a difference from demo pricing versus used pricing of a similar boat with 41 hours on it.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Good Price on a Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    This has been what I've seen as well for the past year shopping these boats. I don't know what part of the country people are getting 15% off on a new boat I've seen posted on here but I'd say I'd jump at that in a heartbeat lol. On top of the 5-10% off MSRP get the dealer to throw in some extras like ropes, maintenance services, fenders, etc.
    For sure. I didn’t push discount bc I didn’t want to aggravate dealer over a few percent. I want to be the customer they want to take care of since they made some extra margin on me lol. Fighting for good service and warranty stuff would negate why I bought new in the first place.

BUT high mark up pro shop stuff, yeah hope they throw that stuff in

--
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    There really should not be a difference from demo pricing versus used pricing of a similar boat with 41 hours on it.

I completely agree with you; however, I unfortunately can't find any used Max's available right now (let alone one with similar options) so I'm struggling to make an apples to apples comparision.