Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

JT shipped me a replacement prop (Thanks JT! ) Unfortunately we are on vacation but fortunately my son is flying out to join us on Saturday and is going to smuggle it out to us in his suitcase - well padded of course!
    We'll have a boat load next week so it will be here just in time!
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Post your results after running this prop, Im considering the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by mk_deuce View Post
    Post your results after running this prop, Im considering the same one.
    Here you go:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....p+test+results
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Acme 1847 update... LOVE IT! It's like adding 40 more horsepower, much better hole shot, it has made the Moomba Cruise actually function and hold speed even in corners and starting out of the hole. I could never do that with the stock prop. Now if the boarder falls I throttle back get set and just throttle up when their ready and the cruise takes over. If I'm in a hurry I just add 400 more RPM with the + and drop it back 400 as we get to speed and this is with 7 adults in the boat and 1100 lbs ballast. I've lost 2 mph at WOT which is now at 5200 instead of 4500 that I could only get to with the stock prop. This in my mind really should be the stock prop for these 06+ LSV's
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

I've been running my 1847 the last few weekends and I can honestly say I am not that thrilled. I will admit it makes a lot less noise than the oj, but there is still some growling not what i was expecting.
    I usually surf with the port 750# full and the center 400# full and with 4 extra adults this prop will cavitate above 3000 rpm. Cavitates all the time when making a turn especially to the left. I would be interested if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.
    07 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ORboatpilot View Post
    I've been running my 1847 the last few weekends and I can honestly say I am not that thrilled. I will admit it makes a lot less noise than the oj, but there is still some growling not what i was expecting.
    I usually surf with the port 750# full and the center 400# full and with 4 extra adults this prop will cavitate above 3000 rpm. Cavitates all the time when making a turn especially to the left. I would be interested if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.
    I had 7 adults in the boat and with my daughter surfing goofy side and the centre 400 and right 400 full I did cavitate if I turned too sharp to the right. I summed it up to the hull sliding too much to starboard with all the weight on that side. Going straight and with gentle turns I didn't have a problem.