Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Drew get it done! It is a great use of extra space and it is by far the cheapest square footage that you will ever add to you house.

Jason I would love an outdoor room but in WI you would really only have a couple months to enjoy it.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Here are some better shots of the floor after its sealed.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Nice work! My 4 yr old son likes to watch the show Man Caves with me. Our basement is currently unfinished and he keeps telling me that he & I need a man cave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    This is a MUST have in the next house we buy...unfinished basement

That's a great show! I have a lot if ideas from watching that. I have my DVR set to record them.

New Guy, with all the concrete down there what are you going to use for sound deadening? It may get echoey once you start using the theater and bumpin' the tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Drew get it done! It is a great use of extra space and it is by far the cheapest square footage that you will ever add to you house.
    Unfortunately, I recently experienced the other end of "cheapest" when in comes to the basement. In our last home, our finished basement was FANTASTIC with a theatre room, full bath, bedroom, office, bar, play area and workshop. Sheetroock ceilings, trey ceilings, crown molding, tile & carpet all on it's own heatpump system. Frankly, it was finished nicer then the first 2 floors and we spent the majority of our time there.

BUT, when we sold the home, we learned (and confirmed with an appraiser we hired ourselves) that below grade square footage is calculated at a severly discounted rate. So, why floors 1 & 2 were calculated at $100/sqft, the basement was calculated at $15/sqft. No positive adjustments for any of the items I mentioned. Just a simple sqft measurement X $15. In the end, while I did a lot of the work in the basement myself, I lost $$ but was OK with it b/c we did enjoy that part of our house tremendously.

I am already looking at building acoustic panels where the the projector is going to kill the sounds. Right now it is a big echo chamber for sure. I didn't want to do carpet or sheetrock because I am in a low area of the subdivision and I don't want to worry about water even though it has stayed dry down there for the last couple years. So I will be figuring something out for sound.

Drew I would like to go that nice but frankly I understand the value of it. It may not increase you value a ton but it definitely will help sell you place over the neighbors unfinished basement a double edged sword. So I am trying to keep my budget in check.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

Good plan. I love the floor and the grunge look. Need some Harley stuff and some old movie posters. -- Hey! I may have some decoration stuff for you. We had our family room at our old house done with old movie theme. Let me know if you want some black and white pics from old movies for the theater end of the room. They're just sitting in a box somewhere. I'll give you a list of what's there and send you the prints if you want any of them. Just PM me if you have any interest.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

This is awesome! Love the progress. Not many basements here in the NW. They tend to turn into swimming pools.

Sent from my Duhroid

PWI as usual...

None here either. In FL you dig down 5 ft anywhere and hit water.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane that would be awesome!

Some more pictures of the bar back in place. (There is no beer because I was just at lunch)

The bar top is going to be carbon fiber vinyl covered with polyurethane coating
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Some more pictures of the bar back in place. (There is no beer because I was just at lunch)
    So, you were drinking at lunch?