Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I guess the sign of a good joke , is when people can't tell when you are joking ...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Lance, my 2 cents on this one. Don't do it. That handle, which my '07 LSV has also is only held in place by two thru bolts. Pulling a tube from that location is going to put a lot of strain and drag on the handle and you risk hull damage, probably stress cracks at least around the bolts. AND, it will also alter the handling pulling from there versus the pylon. AND it's way to easy for the rope to come off there versus the pylon.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Lance, my 2 cents on this one. Don't do it. That handle, which my '07 LSV has also is only held in place by two thru bolts. Pulling a tube from that location is going to put a lot of strain and drag on the handle and you risk hull damage, probably stress cracks at least around the bolts. AND, it will also alter the handling pulling from there versus the pylon. AND it's way to easy for the rope to come off there versus the pylon.
    Thought about stress cracks, but i wonder why they put the pylon there to begin with if they don't want us to use it. Thought about it some more last night and I will prob keep it on just for those who like a shorter rope for boarding (I run the extra down and around the ski pylon for folks that like the narrower part of the wake).
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

In the 08 and 09 the pylon is designed to be removed. It sits in square tube that is welded with a plate under the pylon and has no structure difference if the pylon is there or not. You have a large hole in the area the pylon goes.

As for tubing, yes you can use the handle on the back of the boat, i prefer not to because it just seems that isn't beefy enough for the stresses a tube adds.

A suggestion, the 09 Supra has a collapsible sky pylon in the exact same location as the LSV. It has a release pin you pull and it comes up to normal height, push it back down and its level with the swim deck. This is an upgrade im looking to as the ski pylon is only used for tubing on out boat also and its in the way the rest of the time.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Could have sworn EdG already determined that one wouldn't work on the Moomba boats.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Could have sworn EdG already determined that one wouldn't work on the Moomba boats.
    He may have just meant on the Outback V's. I pulled it today just to see, MMandley is right, just sits in a forged square tube, comes right out. Think I will go the route of finding a collapsible one if possible, if not, I'll keep the pylon and a 3/4 in wrench in one of the compartments for when i need it, takes all of 5 secs to mount.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Yea im not positive if the Supra one will fit but when i was at the dealer last weekend i was snooping around the Supra display boat and its looks pretty identical, i didn't get a chance to open the engine compartment to see if its deeper or something, i didn't want to push myself into shopping for another boat LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Nope not determined.
    It probably will fit, but needs some modifications that have not been designed for the moomba...as of yet.
    That's why I was curious if someone wanted to pick up the ball and run
    The cost of the retractable pylon is $160.00
    i would gladly give 2x - 3x for this. i just don't want to run with this ball.

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    i would gladly give 2x - 3x for this. i just don't want to run with this ball.
    I'm game, gonna call my dealer tomorrow. If the retractable is do-able. I'm gonna do it.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Lance,

Keep the pylon in to tube from or use the rear lifting eye bolts. don't tube from the tower unless very small children going slow

my .02
    Believe or not (after you read my question), i am a fairly smart dude who knows the boating rules. I only have small kids so i always use the tower otherwise the tube nose dives too much. why not for big kids? is it a weight issue on the tower? a tube safety issue or a boat safety issue?

It is embarrassing to ask, but i learned a long time ago, nobody knows everything and i'll never know anything unless i ask.