Default Missed out on the lake this weekend, so I got a little creative at home

Well, our little one was feeling under the weather all weekend so we sucked it up and stayed home. A few weekends ago we took a trip down to the river to float and saw several of these things in tubes keeping the party going. I wanted to make one before we went but didn't have the chance. All the ones we looked at on the river were just slapped together, not a single one was dual function, they were all dedicated to the radio. That seemed ridiculous. So, I got it all stashed to one side, stole the wife's cutting board, glued and caulked it in, and sealed the front speakers up. We tested it out yesterday, it will hold a 12 pack, a few water bottles, some capri suns and enough ice to keep it cold all day! I played it about 5 hours straight yesterday, and it rocks. It's actually quite impressive how good the 4 speakers powered by that little dinky amp sound. I put an access hole on the side to run the aux. cord out so the phone or ipod doesnt have to stay in there if I don't want it to, otherwise, it can set on top of the little shelf on the cooler side. The best part...I had a little 1.5amp trickle charger so I strapped it right to the top so if the battery starts to get low we can just plug it right in!

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Pretty cool. Now drop a Chevy 350 in there and let's see how she runs.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Must be some Shallow mount speakers.

Nice work.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

bring it this weekend and lets give it a test run
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    bring it this weekend and lets give it a test run
    Ohhhhhh, if I knew ya better, I would soooo throw in a Mom joke right here....

Dusty???

As far as the redneck floating, multi function cooler radio.....LOVE IT. Exactly where do you live Dusty? I always thought things like that were only seen in the South. Truth be told, I am not sure if I have ever seen such ingenuity put into keeping beer cold and having good tunes all in one small place.

Congrats my man!! You better get a patent on it!
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Ohhhhhh, if I knew ya better, I would soooo throw in a Mom joke right here....

Dusty???

As far as the redneck floating, multi function cooler radio.....LOVE IT. Exactly where do you live Dusty? I always thought things like that were only seen in the South. Truth be told, I am not sure if I have ever seen such ingenuity put into keeping beer cold and having good tunes all in one small place.

Congrats my man!! You better get a patent on it!
    Ill go ahead and break the news for ya, hey kyle- waterbulldog is gonna give your mom a test run!

I'm from texas, redneck ingenuity is alll I have! we will report back after this weekend!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

i need to reread all posts from now on for potential "your mom" jokes. and you are working yourself into fair game waterbulldawg.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Ha! Sounds good.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden