Default Dbot5 pearls vs wetsounds

has any body heard the Dbot5's I am about to upgrade my tower and am torn between the 3some from wetsounds and the Dbot5 black pearls.
    I have not heard the pearls but was told they are a fullersounding speaker compaired to the 3some any input would be helpful.

3 some will be a LOT of high's for sure. I've not heard the pearls. Try and find someone with a double up and give it a listen, with the mid bass added, the double up is a sweet spot. Good Luck.

edit:
    went and looked at specs - on the 6.5 side of the fence pro-60 vs dbot 6.5, wetsounds has better sensitivity by 6db, twice the peak wattage capability, stainless hardware, and 32hz wider freq response than the black pearls.

On the 8in side of things, the black pearl has a 4db advantage over the pro80 in sensitivity, but the pro80 still has a wider frequency response than the dbot 8 and can handle 150 more watts of power. If the pearls are a good bit cheaper than the wetsounds, i'd say go with the pearls. If they're close in price, I'd get the WS myself. Not saying anythings wrong w/ the pearls, they look to be just as good in terms of specs other than power handling capability. That's just my personal opinion/preference.

I personally like the sound of wetsounds, and DEFINITELY the look of wetsounds over anything else. It's all going to come down to what sounds and looks good to you. Good luck
    Last edited by lancesaville; 05-24-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: more info
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Before you decide take a look at the NVS 10" Deviant or Prodigys. The wetsounds hang pretty low and headroom can be an issue. By design the NVS's hang a lot less below the tower. The NVS's are pro audio as well and i can tell you are on par with Wetsounds. Imo the Deviants or Prodigy's offer a sleeker style that fits the boat better. A couple years back a sound off was held at Lake Powell at a large reunion and the NVS Entity's powered by PPI amps on a Tigé blew everthing else away handsdown. Worth looking at.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ratboy_13 View Post
    has any body heard the Dbot5's I am about to upgrade my tower and am torn between the 3some from wetsounds and the Dbot5 black pearls.
    I have not heard the pearls but was told they are a fullersounding speaker compaired to the 3some any input would be helpful.
    I've been eyeballing the Dbots VS the Wetsounds for awhile now.... there are some attractive deals out there for the Dbots... I have a lot of Dbot5 gear on my boat (surf racks and lights) and the quality has been great...

most of the research i have done on their speakers though has not turned up much... there are some entertaining posts on wakeworld about how dbot5 wanted to get wetsounds to build speakers for them, but wetsounds backed out...

i was leaning for a long time to the dbot5 jetpack... but recently I am moving towards the wetsounds DoubleUP... at the end of the day I am basing my decision on wetsounds having overwheliming positive feedback + the owner is all over the message boards with customer support/help + they are based in my hometown ...

I recently added a wetsounds 485 to my tower.. i love it.. crystal clear music at 80'.