Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

has anyone tried this on LSV yet??? Is it worth getting, or just do the usual throwing around of weight? It's hard to get a yay or a nay for the flow on any of the boats it seems so far. I have a couple of weeks to decide if I want to get it installed before my boat is delivered this year...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Default Moomba Flow Surf Available for 2006 and Newer LSVs

So on the topic of surfing we surfed the LSV this weekend and the wave had a TON of push. More than I remember it having. We have the stock 400 in the ski locker full, stock 400 on the starboard side full, IBS full, a 400 on the seats behind the drive and a 400 in the floor behind the drive plus 2 people sitting on the surf side. I was able to ride pretty far back and just hang out there, never been able to ride 6+ ft (maybe father) off the platform before

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

You've got to come with us and see what 1100s in the rear and a couple of 350s on the seats is like, plus the center and IBS.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Well hopefully next year we can get the reversible system and some 750s (I don't care to have to reinforce the rear lockers) in the back! But yeah one day the stars and schedules will all
    align and we will be able to check that out!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I don't think you have to reinforce to run a 750. That's what I run. Now the 1100 is a different story.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I haven't reinforced the 1100s yet and I just crossed 300 hours. A little warping, but not much.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I haven't reinforced the 1100s yet and I just crossed 300 hours. A little warping, but not much.
    I never had any issues. Just a little bowing but not bad.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So on the topic of surfing we surfed the LSV this weekend and the wave had a TON of push. More than I remember it having. We have the stock 400 in the ski locker full, stock 400 on the starboard side full, IBS full, a 400 on the seats behind the drive and a 400 in the floor behind the drive plus 2 people sitting on the surf side. I was able to ride pretty far back and just hang out there, never been able to ride 6+ ft (maybe father) off the platform before
    Sent from my iPhone
    Ok so I am bringing this conversation back from the dead. Your example of using the flow is the exact reason I would not buy it. According to the advertising you should just be able to fill both sides evenly and lower the gate and have a beautiful surf wake. It looks like you bought the Flow and still have to put bags on the seats and mess around with shifting people. I am doing that now and have a great wake to surf, I need to better understand if this is worth the money and if the surf wake will be the same weighted evenly with the Flow as it is without the flow and weighted all on one side.

I currently run 1100's in the rear lockers, 400 in the ski locker, and IBS. I usually fill one side all the way up and the other with maybe 300 pounds in it and have everyone sit on the weighted side as close to the front of the boat as possible.

I have no issue dropping $1200.00 on this thing if I can evenly weight out the boat, but I would be very upset if I bought it and the wake wasn't as good as listing the boat to one side. I know this is the Moomba forum and I may be in the wrong forum asking for a honest answer on this but I figured this is where all the surf junkies hang so why not try to get the real story.

BTW I love the boat and love the brand, just want to avoid my perception changing after dropping 1200 on something that wasnt really worth it.

Well said, kinda what I was thinking as well. $1200 is decent cash that go to some other mod if it's not going to change things. When I first saw this I thought that would be cool to get, but am in the same boat as you, will it really make a difference?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

To clear it up, Langston doesn't have the Flow. I don't think anyone on the forum has the Flow on the LSV.

I can speak to it on the Mojo but we have threads for that.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]