Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The dealer I'm buying from initiated in reaching out to my local dealer letting him know what was going on and making sure I would be taken care of. I thought this was a cool thing to do. Ive been by my local dealer a few times and they are a great bunch of guys. I understand that I may be pushed behind customers that bought fron them but I'm ok with that. I still feel that I will recieve excellent service. My biggest concern is that I dont want to scuff the gel coat on the way back.

for me, a boat that only has 8 hours and is a dealer demo should be like new. 2000 miles round trip is several days. not even factoring what your time is worth that's a grand to go, pick it up and drive back in gas/hotel/food not to mention wear/tear on the tow rig.
    negotiate them wrapping the boat for shipment in the deal(that's like $150 for them in labor/materials) and pay someone off uship $1200 to transport it for you and I'd sit at home waiting for it. the few additional $$ spent on transport would where my cash would go.

my comfort level buying a dealer demo with 8hrs wouldn't require a lake test but everyone is different in that regard.

either way good luck......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    The dealer I'm buying from initiated in reaching out to my local dealer letting him know what was going on and making sure I would be taken care of. I thought this was a cool thing to do. Ive been by my local dealer a few times and they are a great bunch of guys. I understand that I may be pushed behind customers that bought fron them but I'm ok with that. I still feel that I will recieve excellent service. My biggest concern is that I dont want to scuff the gel coat on the way back.
    Go to Costco and get the industrial size roll of Kirklands Saran Wrap and you'll be golden.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I don’t recommend raping your tower.....I am sure some how that is illegal.

But wrapping the tower would not be a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe illegal but probably just frowned upon

Unless your from AR...sorry KG
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

The cover it has ratchets in the back. Are there side straps as well? The pictures dont show any. How well do these types of covers travel? Should I still be thinking about Saran wrapping before the cover goes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    The cover it has ratchets in the back. Are there side straps as well? The pictures dont show any. How well do these types of covers travel? Should I still be thinking about Saran wrapping before the cover goes on?
    Bruh, what do you think the Saran wrap is for?? Keeps the MOORING cover from rubbing your gel coat while traveling.

I will say the Supra trailering covers are outstanding, no chaffing at all.

Wake 9 had 3500+ miles on his SL trip last year and did a video on the cover with ZERO damage to gel. It’s tight and pulls a vacuum at speed.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Wake 9 had 3500+ miles on his SL trip last year and did a video on the cover with ZERO damage to gel. It’s tight and pulls a vacuum at speed.

The covers are from different manufacturers between Moomba & Supra.

People still trailer with the cover from Moomba even though it's intended for mooring. Gel coat mileage may vary....

I'm super OCD about my gorgeous Ultra Blue Flake so other than long distances I tow without the cover but I also have Rock Tamer flaps on my hitch covering my 35s.

Supra Covers are sick!! I believe you can get them for the Moomba Boats from the Cover Manufacturer for about the same $ as the one you can get with the boat. I don't believe they are over tower covers. Unfortunately they don't have one for the Makai yet
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead