Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Mike a vest also keeps you floating so they can find the body. j/k but a vest will keep you alive longer since at that cold of water you body will lockup and you will go under water. A vest will allow your body to float and not get water in the airway keeping you alive for that full hour before you do die from the cold.

Al, Very nice. That will keep you and the fam warm on the cold Oregon mornings and also extend the time you will be on the water. I might need your help to install another vent and cut into my boat when we do the Oregon Mini jam.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I might need your help to install another vent and cut into my boat when we do the Oregon Mini jam.
    Jester,

I'll be happy to help you get set up and will even bring the 4" holesaw for you to use but you will have to drill the hole yourself. I will not drill 4" holes in anybody's boat but mine!

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Very nice install, Al. You're gonna love it!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by MI-LSV View Post
    Razz,

I am installing the same heating system, and was wondering how the helm vent was installed. Can you snap a pic so I can see where your's was installed?

Also you can get the "Y" from Go2Marine.com http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=74730F

They seem to have all the parts for these heaters.

Thanks,
    Scott
    I won't be able to get to it until this weekend but it's attached right in front and to the side of the wire/cable bundle coming out of the footrest/hump. It's screwed to the side wall support just above the hump.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Default Need your help guys on heater install

Guys I can really use you help/expertise. I have been reading several threads on how to install a heater craft heater on my boat. I have a 97 Sea Ray with a Mercruiser inboard/outboard. I wish I had a Moomba, but the Sea Ray will have to do for now. I'm not sure on hooking up the hoses to the engine and hope someone can help. I think I have two options for the supply hose. Either where the temperature wire is connected on possible the screw that is inbetween the large and small hoses that have been taken off. Things are REALLY tight to try and put is where the temperature hookup is, but I'm not sure if the other screw is ok. That is where it would be easier if it will work. Anyone know if this will work? Thanks in advance. Scott

ps. you guys have a great website here. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    Guys I can really use you help/expertise. I have been reading several threads on how to install a heater craft heater on my boat. I have a 97 Sea Ray with a Mercruiser inboard/outboard. I wish I had a Moomba, but the Sea Ray will have to do for now. I'm not sure on hooking up the hoses to the engine and hope someone can help. I think I have two options for the supply hose. Either where the temperature wire is connected on possible the screw that is inbetween the large and small hoses that have been taken off. Things are REALLY tight to try and put is where the temperature hookup is, but I'm not sure if the other screw is ok. That is where it would be easier if it will work. Anyone know if this will work? Thanks in advance. Scott

ps. you guys have a great website here. Keep up the good work.
    Scott,

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried to remove both the temp sending unit and the plug and then see if both holes are within the same chamber. If so, then it should work. Best thing would be to ask a local marina or boat shop who works on stern drives a lot to confirm. I asked my Moomba dealer when I bought my boat from them which plugs I should use if I decide to install a heater so that's how I knew.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al:
    I am taking this project on starting tomorrow. I already pulled the boat apart to scope out the locations of the plugs etc. Thanks for the excellent pictures!!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTigers View Post
    Al:
    I am taking this project on starting tomorrow. I already pulled the boat apart to scope out the locations of the plugs etc. Thanks for the excellent pictures!!
    You're welcome. Take your time and have fun with it. And let me know if you come across any issues or questions.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks Al. Yes, the 2 temperature units and the plug are all open together within the thermostat housing so i guess it should work fine. Thanks again for the help. Scott

So far so good. I have to go to HD and buy the valves that you put in. As far as the pipe joint compound, what exactly did you buy?
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433