Default Not boat - in house TV to Bluetooth?

We are adding a big screen to our great room off the kitchen. The catch is that the TV will be on the far wall around 30ft away from the main kitchen area and I'm saying no-friggin-way right now to having cooking shows or whatever blasting across that distance to be heard while in the kitchen.

So my thought is to setup a bluetooth transmitter off the TV and put a Jawbone Jambox or similar on the table or counter for sound.

Probably on a splitter so that when the bluetooth is not needed, the TV could still utilize a 2.1 soundbar and sub.

So TV > BT Transmitter > Speaker

Something like this - http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-TV-Tran.../dp/B004T0CEBK

Anyone done something like this already? Thoughts good/bad either way?
    Thanks
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Could you do the same thing with one or two wireless speakers instead? It would seem to me that a wireless connection might be easier (and possibly cheaper?) than a BT connection. I'm not sure about the fidelity differences, but if all they are used for are cooking shows then maybe it does make much difference.

I have not used them, but I've heard real good things about those Sonos wireless speakers I have seen advertised on TV a few times.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Well cooking shows, movies, whatever. Most of the wireless speaker setups I've seen are the rear/surround speakers only. The other one you are talking about the Sonos system - very nice, I've heard great things too, but not sure I need to go that far. The other adjoining room already has a 5.1 system.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Well cooking shows, movies, whatever. Most of the wireless speaker setups I've seen are the rear/surround speakers only. The other one you are talking about the Sonos system - very nice, I've heard great things too, but not sure I need to go that far. The other adjoining room already has a 5.1 system.
    I've got the Sonos system (soundbar, sub, surround speakers), and I love it... But you're right, the surround speakers are strictly for surround sound when they are paired to the tv. I don't think you could have the full tv broadcast to you in the kitchen. Music, streaming whatever, yes, but the TV, no....

I like your idea about BT. I've been impressed with some of the newer BT portable speakers coming out lately. I have a little JBL speaker that would probably work great in that scenario.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

How about using an FM transmitter and then a basic radio in the kitchen? Just get a quality transmitter (highest power) This is what I use and love for whole house sound:
    http://www.amazon.com/Whole-House-FM.../dp/B00GHWUHD0

Alternatively, search for multi-room wireless A/V distribution, there are better fitting products without going through bluetooth (of course many will probably have bluetooth also since it is so popular with mobile devices).

terk-wireless-multiroom-a-v-distribution-system
    Sonos has wireless speakers that aren't just for surround
    Samsung Shape
    http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Resea.../dp/B00023NDLS
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

I'd be worried that you are close to the limit of bluetooth at 30ft.

Maybe a wireless option like this: http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Machines...eless+speakers
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron