Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Picture of it??

I noticed it on Fbook when @knoxmojo was riding with @mxmark4. If I recall it was black Telsa Glass Roof Sunshade from Amazon. Used some clamps and/or straps to hold it to the existing bimini. Looked like it extended about 2' off the back of the existing tower.

@knoxmojo will see this and probably post up a pic. I would bet he might have version 2 changes or something for the front too.

Cool idea for appx $50-60 and some clamps and straps!
    2018 Supra SL400

996, looks great.
    I am with holdmybeer/hfarr tho that if i was going to do it, I'd remove or modify the rear cupholders and use them as the mounts. iirc nautty does something like what he posted up for theirs but I don't recall what I saw when I was at the dealer a few sleeps ago.

I wish I would have built something like this for the vegas sun. it was brutal in july and we typically pulled off the water by 1pm as it was too hot to sit anywhere but under the bimini or in the water. rear seats and sundeck were all but off limits and the gator on the floor was unbearable without socks on.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    I sewed a loop onto the tarp to go over the tower pole and then just used a couple of bungees to hold the sides of the tarp to the tower. I will have to fool with this and see what is the best anchor point for the tarp to the side of the tower when the bimini is up. I really is quite sturdy and i don't think we will have any problems with it. I'll follow up in a couple of weeks and let you know how it worked.
    That looks awesome. Didnt get a chance to look at it earlier this mornong when I read thru your posts. Wonder if you drilled holes thru the swim platform to sink the tent poles into to lock them in where it didnt need the cupholder bungees. Maybe sink two shallow rod holders into the swim platform? Either way for chillin in the cove thats a sweet setup and as long as you came in under the 1000 dollars Supra charges you came out way ahead.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I noticed it on Fbook when @knoxmojo was riding with @mxmark4. If I recall it was black Telsa Glass Roof Sunshade from Amazon. Used some clamps and/or straps to hold it to the existing bimini. Looked like it extended about 2' off the back of the existing tower.

@knoxmojo will see this and probably post up a pic. I would bet he might have version 2 changes or something for the front too.

Cool idea for appx $50-60 and some clamps and straps!
    Here's a pic. Not mine. Was on Facebook. Looks like an easy way to make a solid shade. Screenshot_20220915-191803_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20220915-191803_Facebook.jpg

Yeah thats KnoxMojos boat. Thats the day I went out with him. Sweet setup for 60 bucks.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Yeah thats KnoxMojos boat. Thats the day I went out with him. Sweet setup for 60 bucks.
    Ok. I gotta have more info on that. You say it's a Tesla sunshade? It looks bigger. Whatever it is, it looks factory.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Ok. I gotta have more info on that. You say it's a Tesla sunshade? It looks bigger. Whatever it is, it looks factory.

Pm hin for info. We used the surf straps to hold it along with a couple clamps. Worked great! The Supra rear shade helped support it better than what my A3 tower would. I noticed that part for sure. But with so.e ingenuity im sure it would be a viable option for moomba towers
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

I was just texting him last night about riding of the lake. On Amazon, try to search for: pavaaidan tesla model y roof sunshade - ? I think that is how the company is spelled?. That is from the post above by @wildh on the Fbook thread with the pic listed above.

A few other have tired it too and like the function. One guy had 4 spring clamps holding it on. I will see if I have the pic on my phone - not on that device right now.
    2018 Supra SL400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400