Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I’m with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    20 year loan doesn't bother me as I don't keep my boats long enough for it to matter. 100k at 3.5% for 20 years = Cheap summer time fun for my family.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Not doing much for us Active. Don't turn your masterpiece into Spam. Yum, I love Spam. Sales and Information is a great place for it.
    Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    20 year loan doesn't bother me as I don't keep my boats long enough for it to matter. 100k at 3.5% for 20 years = Cheap summer time fun for my family.
    That works for a lot of people. Just not a philosophy I can get used to. Not even sure why

S&P returned like 11.5% from 1973 to last year. I am cool with a little interest because I am making a lot more than that in my portfolio not having my money in a losing value liability.

2017 Supra SA

Default 2018 Moomba Max at an affordable price

True. That’s remarkable you’ve been investing since 1973.

You’re renting it. That is basically the 20 year loan trade every couple year plan.

Nothing wrong with that! This year we are all making a lot more than 5.25% on the money, for sure. Some years, not so much.

But it’s not a house, the interest isn’t deductible, so it’s really not the total no brainer that some loans are.

It doesn’t matter really. No right way, no wrong way. Actually boat dealers aren’t super keen on cash purchase people. They wanna finance that pig!

Last edited by dakota4ce; 11-18-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    3.5% a cheap! The OP is 5.25%.

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    S&P returned like 11.5% from 1973 to last year. I am cool with a little interest because I am making a lot more than that in my portfolio not having my money in a losing value liability.

That's good that you have other investments and understand the interest. However, with the price of these boats and the low interest rates and long term loans, it looks similar to the housing bubble of the 2000's.

Default 2018 Moomba Max at an affordable price

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    That's good that you have other investments and understand the interest. However, with the price of these boats and the low interest rates and long term loans, it looks similar to the housing bubble of the 2000's.
    Excellent point. Economy takes a crap, you owe 90k on a boat that’s sale-able for 75k and you spent 36 months paying $500 a month for it. Then It’s not so attractive.

But as long as we are partying in the crazy current market economy, it works.

It’s never wrong to buy something outright. Good years, bad years, whatever.

I bought a 2006 Tige from a guy a couple years back. I paid 37k, he still owed roughly 45K on it. And, didn’t have the money. He tried to arrange a short sale with his lender and took FOREVER to get the title to me. I was utterly dumbfounded.

Hazardous loan product for some folks.

I love the new boats with all the surf gadgets. I’m envious of all these new boat pics I see.

I love that my 07 has been paid off for 6 years more though. I put a little money into it here and there (working on reveribles project right now and new tower speakers in the spring).

I will never knock someone for spending their money how they want but I personally could not fathom carrying a boat payment through my entire adult life. To each their own.

2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom