Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jclay5 View Post
    How important is it to remove the plugs on the V-drive unit, because I cannot get them to budge at all! It looks like they have never been touched. I got the hoses off the unit just didn't get the plugs pulled...
    I would not think this would be a big deal. All that is in the top of the V-Drive is a single channel with a curved tube running through it. I would leave the hoses off and use a compressor or shop vac to get as much out as possible. I could not imagine there being much to crack in there. It is a farely open space inside the top of the unit.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Here is an exploded view of the Vdrive. It appears that there is not much in the upper water jacket.

Here is the link to the MUCH larger image.

http://www.pearson424.org/manuals/VD...Page17_jpg.htm

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    I hope Cab dont mind but I put his instructions and pictures into a Microsoft Word file so that I could print it out. I then took it out to my boat with me and it made the process very simple. If anyone would like this file just let me know and I will email it to you. Thanks again Cab.
    No problem at all, glad the instructions helped.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

do you have a shower or heater if sohaw did you winterize them with out antifreeze?. i drain every hing and used antifreeze. i used the shower ti pump my antifreeze in thanks gord

[QUOTE=JesseC;51274]Here is an exploded view of the Vdrive. It appears that there is not much in the upper water jacket.

Here is the link to the MUCH larger image.

http://www.pearson424.org/manuals/VD...Page17_jpg.htm

Thanks JesseeC I used a shop vac and sucked what little water was in there out so I should be all good.
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots

Question Thanks!

After some searching we also found that link!
    there's one thing that we found on our boat that's not in the photos.
    the winterization crew left a hose with a clip on it randomly hanging from the back of the engine. does it connect to the quick disconnect hose?
    thanks!

On my 08 OBV i have a single hose on the right hand side with a clip and a plug in the end just hanging. I think it is used to drain the oil. Might be the hose your talking about.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default fogging oil for both throttle body and spark plug holes ???

Cab - great post. Love the pictures (worth a thousand words!).

In Indmar's engine manual, they only mention about putting fogging oil in the throttle body - which should get to the cylinders/pistons. No mention of removing spark plugs and spraying into the cylinders directly. Any thoughts on why to spray directly into the cylinders via the spark plug holes if spraying into the throttle bottle should do the same?

This is awesome information. Thanks so much! I just bought an 08 LSV, and wouldn't ya know it, I've got about 1 month left before I need to winterize. I feel much better now about doing it myself, as I really didn't want to pay to have it done!

Did you change the V-drive oil at the same time as the Engine Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Bateau View Post
    After some searching we also found that link!
    there's one thing that we found on our boat that's not in the photos.
    the winterization crew left a hose with a clip on it randomly hanging from the back of the engine. does it connect to the quick disconnect hose?
    thanks!
    The hose with the clip on it is the oil drain hose. It hangs from the back of the engine when not in use to keep it off the floor of the bilge area. The quick disconnect hoses are completely different - they have water running thru them. These hoses are the ones that need to be disconnected and drained during winterization.

Quote Originally Posted by dhickey View Post
    Cab - great post. Love the pictures (worth a thousand words!).

In Indmar's engine manual, they only mention about putting fogging oil in the throttle body - which should get to the cylinders/pistons. No mention of removing spark plugs and spraying into the cylinders directly. Any thoughts on why to spray directly into the cylinders via the spark plug holes if spraying into the throttle bottle should do the same?
    Good question. I was told this by the dealer on my first boat along time ago and have always followed this recommendation. I guess it's just to make sure that the cylinder walls are adequately coated and that the fogging oil sprayed into the throttle body didn't get purged during the combustion process.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    This is awesome information. Thanks so much! I just bought an 08 LSV, and wouldn't ya know it, I've got about 1 month left before I need to winterize. I feel much better now about doing it myself, as I really didn't want to pay to have it done!

Did you change the V-drive oil at the same time as the Engine Oil?
    You're welcome. No, I changed the v-drive oil separately, during the recommended interval. I will probably change it again when I winterize this fall as it's been a couple years now.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV