Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2022 Moomba Prices

We are looking at putting in an order for a 2022 Moomba Kaiyen or Mondo. We thought to get ordering early given the craziness in the market and the likely big increase in price that is coming given the supply chain and raw materials issues facing the world. Our dealer is prepared to offer 2021 pricing on a new 2022, but they want way over MSRP. What is a fair percentage to pay below (or above!) MSRP on a new Moomba out the door? What is the best time of year to make a purchase?

my gut would say they want over msrp to cushion any price adjustments between 21 and 22 since they are selling you a 22. smart on their side unless they already know what the 22 pricing would be. doubtful as that would have likely leaked out by now.

with the current state of the global economy and boat sales, there isn't a best time in the last 12 months to make a purchase. everything is still in a state of flux and likely will be for the short future.

used to be ballpark 6-8% off msrp for a new build moomba. you will see larger discounts on some other value lines but they have higher starting prices and end up in the same price proximity. msrp today would be a decent deal in this market.

all my .02.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Bryand View Post
    We are looking at putting in an order for a 2022 Moomba Kaiyen or Mondo. We thought to get ordering early given the craziness in the market and the likely big increase in price that is coming given the supply chain and raw materials issues facing the world. Our dealer is prepared to offer 2021 pricing on a new 2022, but they want way over MSRP. What is a fair percentage to pay below (or above!) MSRP on a new Moomba out the door? What is the best time of year to make a purchase?
    Let me start with saying that I don’t envy anybody trying to purchase a boat right now. Bought mine last spring just before things got crazy.

Let me get this straight. Your dealer is offering “2022 boats at 2021 pricing “ but is asking way over MSRP? That’s not 2021 pricing as I see it. A reputable dealer doesn’t ask more than MSRP at any time, even now. I can understand why I dealer would be reluctant to knock anything off MSRP but not to charge a premium above that. If you have an option to shop a Moomba dealer a bit further from home I think it might be worth the drive. My .02
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Just to clarify, they are asking full MSRP and then charging other 10K on top of the MSRP for shipping, crains, PDI, assembly, water test etc. Is that normal for Moomba dealers to charge extra for these items above MSRP, and if it is what is standard?

They can charge whatever they want for their “admin” fees. You might want to get them to justify what and why they charge that. But before the scamdemic I was quoted $400 total for admin AND license and registration fees in MN
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

We are now entering the inflationary period so price increases will out strip any income increases. So 10% increases per year on boats and cars is about normal. Even 10% rates or higher on loans. The key is to have what you need before inflation and weather it out. More large worker strikes where unions are asking for raises to keep up with inflation mostly with the automobile and airline industry. I was a very young enlisted military member in the late 70s when any loan was between 12-18% so getting a new car was tough. I did get my first boat though a new Hobie Cat 16.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    We are now entering the inflationary period so price increases will out strip any income increases. So 10% increases per year on boats and cars is about normal. Even 10% rates or higher on loans. The key is to have what you need before inflation and weather it out. More large worker strikes where unions are asking for raises to keep up with inflation mostly with the automobile and airline industry. I was a very young enlisted military member in the late 70s when any loan was between 12-18% so getting a new car was tough. I did get my first boat though a new Hobie Cat 16.
    I am sorry to hear about anything above MSRP.

It was only a matter of time for dealers to capitalize, completely understandable. I actually applaud dealers that didn’t price gouge during the 2021 season and honored deals as written, they could have raised prices and still sold every boat they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

This is what I just bought my Makai for a couple months ago.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

hfarr, 10% has to be one of the better discounts I have seen in being on here for 13 years. good dealer that took care of ya...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    A reputable dealer doesn’t ask more than MSRP at any time, even now.
    What rock have you been living under?

These are not Kia Rio's....these are discretionary play toys.

Go try and get a Shelby GT500 or a Bronco (not the little sport-ute) or a C8 vette or any other situation in which demand far outweighs supply.

Unless the manufacturer puts an explict agreement in place, dealers can mark up as they see fit.

The Ford GT was an example and maybe the Demon (?) where the manufacturer explicitly prevented the dealer from applying markups over msrp.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX