Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Invoice vs MSRP - Outback V

I can't remember the exact website. But I think it's seedealercost.com. I used it this fall when purchasing my 13 LSV. It breaks down msrp vs invoice. I think it's fairly accurate. Good luck!
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

just remember boat dealers don't sell that many boats in a month, so they have to make more per sale when compared to a new car dealer
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Hey just go pull the trigger, when I bought my 13 LSV I was just going to my local dealer to buy some pop up cleats for my 06 outback, by the time I got back home I had the pop up cleats I went for, just so happen they were on the new boat I talked myself into buying

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

It's like buying gas. 5-10% more isn't worth driving across town. Get to know your local dealer and ask about ordering a boat. They might not want to order an OBV without a presale but might love having yours sitting there for a few months while it's cold out. They might sell 5 boats off yours. Be a good guy and let 'em store it in the showroom.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    It's like buying gas. 5-10% more isn't worth driving across town. Get to know your local dealer and ask about ordering a boat. They might not want to order an OBV without a presale but might love having yours sitting there for a few months while it's cold out. They might sell 5 boats off yours. Be a good guy and let 'em store it in the showroom.
    LOL - 5-10% of nearly 50K isn't worth driving a bit? I'm going to talk to them around boat show time, but honestly at the moment I'm leaning towards a 2-3 year old VTX for the same money and a better ski wake unless the dealer really wows me with a price drop.

I love the ski wake of my OBV; at my speed and length it's almost as good as that of my Outback DD, and I'd have to say there is no chance that a VTX has a better slalom wake.

If you are going to buy an OBV order exactly what you want, or buy used. I don't see much sense in settling for a dealer lot new boat when you can order.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I love the ski wake of my OBV; at my speed and length it's almost as good as that of my Outback DD, and I'd have to say there is no chance that a VTX has a better slalom wake.

If you are going to buy an OBV order exactly what you want, or buy used. I don't see much sense in settling for a dealer lot new boat when you can order.
    The VTX has 2 hull choices - Diamond hull and wake. The Diamond hull is what they use on the response, it is a superior ski hull but comes at a Malibu price.

unless you are a competition skier, the differences in the obv and vtx will be negligible. just like the obv/dd, the vtx is a response hull but it was not designed differently to ride better with 1000lbs of engine hanging on the butt end. I would give the edge on paper to the obv with it's 200lb weight advantage. either one will produce a good slalom wake but if you are looking for a response-style wake, buy a response.

at the end of the day both boats will be very close in performance, ask yourself:
    -do I want the perceived 'bu fit/finish and malivue but in a used boat with no warranty and someone elses break-in or
    -do I want a new boat, ordered my way, warranty, solid construction and one of the best values in a new boat(not to mention support from the best forum on the web).

both boats should cost roughly the same and resale at the 5year mark will be comparable on a 5 y.o. obv and a now 7-8 y.o. vtx but I would bet the overall cost of maintenance and should any repairs need to be made, advantage will fall to the obv.

no brainer for me as the obv would be in the garage. I will disagree with Ian in that if you can find a leftover '13 with everything you want, price on that will give an even bigger advantage to the moomba choice. they are out there and-hearing 3rd hand from someone on another forum comparing obv to a different 20ft boat-some '13's are being closed out with prices that start in the mid40's new.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Good points, and I'll be seeing what is around our area. A used Moomba is a rare thing around here since they really just started selling them here a couple years ago and don't seem to be selling many. The used market has far more Malibus, since that seems to be the brand of choice in our area - you see a couple MC's and almost never see a Nautique or Centurian.

I do like a comp ski boat, but will settle for the v-drive in the name of space. While I might put my boat through the course a couple times just to try it out, I'm normally behind an LXI or Prostar for that.

FWIW, I wound up buying a 2012 VTX with the Diamond Hull yesterday. Thanks for the info that was provided.