Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Prayers for you. Throw in one for me too. House has been for sale since Feb. and it's almost Feb.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Praying for your houses to sell. Mine finally sold after 13 months. Please pray for good weather (no rain/snow) as we move Jan. 31st thru Feb. 6th.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

I read this devotional for men every morning online and think its good for me to have a little boost or kick in the pants.
    With my job shortly coming to an end I find myself worrying about the future. Whether it be about my existing job, a new job, finances... just the unknown really. I read this today and it kinda helps put things in perspective for me. I'm sure
    I know I'm not the only one that worries about things of this nature.
    If this isn't for you then thats fine but I thought I'd share, as this may be a good tool for some of you.

Here's the website for reference. http://powertochange.com/blogs/exper...otionalformen/

“In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.” (Ephesians 6:16)
    Karen laughed out loud and it felt good. Even the conversations at work felt like a relief from the worries that sapped strength from her soul these days. Worry is really just another word for fear. When we worry about our kids, our relationships, our finances or any number of things, we are actually living in fear. Fear can be paralyzing.
    Fear displaces faith in our hearts. Faith is the assurance of God’s ability to give us help and strength and wisdom. When fear overrides our faith then we do not believe that our God is able.
    Faith displaces fear. When we take each and every fear to God and give it into His hands, trusting Him to be our help and our strength, our faith displaces that fear. His peace comes in.
    Oh, it doesn’t mean our problems all fade into the distance. It does mean however, that we will have the strength we need to face every challenge. It means that we can expect our almighty God to work within our circumstances in unexpected ways. It means we can be overcomers and more than just survivors.
    The Bible tells us that God does not give us the spirit of fear. The temptation to have fear in the face of the unknown and uncertain is a normal reaction. Yet God tells us we can live beyond that and let our faith extinguish our fear.
    Take whatever worry is plaguing your mind and heart today and identify the fear that it truly is. Then invite God to help you lift the shield of faith to extinguish that fear. He is able and He will do it!
    Father God,
    I thank you that You are more powerful than any of my circumstances. Today I ask You to increase my faith and to extinguish the fear that threatens to sap strength from my soul. Please help me to keep You in the center of my focus and not my fear. I lift up my shield of faith in the name of Jesus, amen.

PWI as usual...

I have some perfect verses for you, which I know I have to live by: Matthew 6:25 through the rest of the chapter
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

praying for you too, bot peace of mind and His provisions.

I do have a quick praise I'll share...Some of you know that my little readhead, now 2 :O , has had a couple of heart surgeries. He had his yearly check-up yesterday and doc said everything looks perfect! WooHoo. Just as good, he said with the way medical advancements are going, he may never have to have open-heart-surgery again. They may be able to do any further procedures through his leg, or whatever else they come up with in the next 10-20 years.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

Huge Praise!!! I just received a conditional job offer from BNSF railroad!!! Whoohooo! He works in mysterious ways huh?

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Huge Praise!!! I just received a conditional job offer from BNSF railroad!!! Whoohooo! He works in mysterious ways huh?
    Congrats!!!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    newty - That is fantastic! Please let us know when the deal is sealed. - Deerfield

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4: 6 and 7
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

thanks for the website Newty. And congrats again on the job. Nothing to worry about, right

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Ryan - FANTASTIC news for the lil' guy!