Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prop help!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    That must have been it. You live in Spring right? It's probably the same distance to the T as it is to Somerville or not much further I would think.

Sent from my iPhone
    Yes Spring, It is about 10 miles further to go to somerville. We will go there when we have a big group, there is a great spot where folks can drive cars right to the beach, but it's too dangerous now.
    2008 22SSV Worlds

Default Prop help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Worlds22SSV View Post
    Yes Spring, It is about 10 miles further to go to somerville. We will go there when we have a big group, there is a great spot where folks can drive cars right to the beach, but it's too dangerous now.
    Yeah we can't even use our boat house on Livingston now. Looks like its hwy 19 the rest of the year until we get some rain!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Prop help!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Yeah we can't even use our boat house on Livingston now. Looks like its hwy 19 the rest of the year until we get some rain!

Sent from my iPhone
    That sucks. You mean you are now forced to go play in perfect water?

I ordered my new prop today. Our first trip out since the T and we bent it up pretty good. Not near as bad as Layth here, but our water is loowww here too
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Default Prop help!!

Pray for some rain. This is what sucks about the end of the summer here in Texas...we start running out of water!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I'll start shipping barrels!!! Take our rain! PLEASE!!!!!
    It's rained every day just about for a solid 2 weeks. Maybe one day here or there with a very prolonged period of no rain, but that doesn't last that long. Boating season has been chopped in half due to all the rain for us. No point in going out and getting my boat wet! :P
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Yea, you can have ours too. It's been ridiculous. Raining again now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It's OFF!!! with no obvious damage. After yesterday wasn't sure it was going to happen when the puller cut 2 bolts in half, so got some grade 8 bolts today and was only putting moderate pressure on the puller about ready to apply the torch and boom shoots off. The key was sheared in half, one half in the prop and the other half in the shaft.
    2008 22SSV Worlds

Over on CorrectCraft fan. com, there is a very good write up on proper propeller installation. Installed correctly, a prop shouldn't need the key. It is there as a back up. Anyway, do a search and it may give you a good idea on how to install the new prop correctly.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by Worlds22SSV View Post
    This is what happens when you begin to get comfortable with the wife driving the boat as i wakeboard...
    I am old, real old and have NEVER hit a prop on anything...until last weekend at Lake Oroville, where the water is wayyyyyy down due to our lack of rain this season. Saturday morning the launch ramp was real crowded with a couple of people that didn't seem to see the line at the ramp and just left their boats tied up blocking the narrow channel at the ramp. We load our boat and as we are another D!*$ Wad pulls in and dumps their boat in before we can get out of there. I should have just waited (20/20 hindsight!) but I tried to maneuver out of the way and below is the result of my ACME 1617.

I was surprised how bad it looked as we just kept going and spent the day boarding, and didn't come in until dark. Didn't really get a good look at it until I got home.

Bent 1617 (5).jpgBent 1617 (4).jpgBent 1617 (3).jpgBent 1617 (2).jpgBent 1617 (1).jpg

My key is in NO way close to the damage of World's damage, but still upsets me as this was the second outing with this prop.

1. Is this prop fixable?
    2. Who do I contact to fix it?
    3. Do you guys carry a second prop (and puller) on trips to the lake?
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

I still claim i have never bent a prop and been driving a boat for 20+years since my wife bent this one!! she doesnt like me very much right now. It is absolutely able to be fixed, mine is being repaired and will have it back this weekend. You can probably find someone local but check up and make sure they are reputable. If not send it to Nettles in Austin, TX.
    2008 22SSV Worlds