Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Default 2019 Moomba Makai

Okay: here’s my take home point; to lay all the cards out. Regarding VooDoo: A 4-8 is MASSIVE for a person under 150#. I am 225+ and ride a 4-8 surf style (Chaos Sixer). Often I hop onto my pal’s 4-6 Sixer or blunt DaHonu just for fun. But 4-8 is my size more than 4-6. I am a 6’3” 225# good sized dude on a very nice wave.

Point being this for surf style sticks: If you’re buying a good, light, well shaped board, you won’t need one so big to ride easily. Needing a big board is a testament to something. It’s either a weak wave, or an inefficient board for some reason. And -typically- speaking, a shorter board is going to be more fun (provided it’s carrying you properly). You’ll be able to slash, hop, air, spin, whatever more easily the shorter a board is. Again, all wave dependent too.

So I am sure a 4-8 Voodoo is very fast for a normal sized lady....it certainly should be! That’s a huge board. I put 150# and down newbies onto a board a -lot- smaller than that. It’s not a skim either, it’s a glass over foam, very light Lakewakes surf style Bean.

I am not trying to be a jerk. I am sorry about that if it seems so. I guess I just want to pass on what I have learned in 6 years and -no sh%t- at least 25 boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure a Voodoo will be great if you go that way!

For $450 I would buy that Nub in 17 seconds. Personally.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I am sure a Voodoo will be great if you go that way!

For $450 I would buy that Nub in 17 seconds. Personally.

It took me a little longer than 17 seconds but I pulled the trigger on the 4’8” Nub earlier today. I got it in the Merica color scheme even though I did find it on Doomswell website in “Yellow Ice” for $50 more which was tempting as it is a cool color scheme but I couldn’t pass up the ole red, white, blue!!

I am still trying to find a good board for my 150# and less crowd so keep the thoughts and suggestions coming. I really do appreciate everyone’s input and experience on the subject as I know I have a lot to learn and there are a lot of variables when it comes to this.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I would really look for a Black Pearl, new or used, to go with that Nubstep. You'll have 2 really solid and nice boards that your crew won't outgrow any time soon.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

[QUOTE=Broke Pilot;335078]
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post

You should come surf with us sometime if you ever make it to Texas! Monday’s are the sh** lol
    We may have to venture out on conroe on a monday or two this summer. My dad lives on the water in Walden so we can just crash there and be out on the water bright and early.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post

We may have to venture out on conroe on a monday or two this summer. My dad lives on the water in Walden so we can just crash there and be out on the water bright and early.
    I'm game too, I can flex my schedule and take a Monday no biggie. Is it Spring yet?!? I'm getting the itch pretty bad....meanwhile in H-town, 45 degrees and rain
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I happened to be at the cabin yesterday. Here are the Lakewakes I use for 150 pounds and down. Both 48 inches long. Not sure why I thought 4-4....they’re 4-0.

I hate to say it, but we gotta lay off the surf talk for a while... this itch is getting bad. And I’m not a wet suit guy. Lol
    And heck yea, anytime y’all are around you’re more than welcome to come play on the SA. I’ll never turn down more wave!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

If I only had the chance....

Dude... not helping! Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400