Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    When does to low a gear ratio become an issue?

1.5, 1.76, 2

At some point, the prop diameter requires the shaft angle to increase and the prop no longer can be square to the plane of the water surface.

Do the tige boats max out at 30mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends where the engine/v-drive is mounted. Moving them forward can reduce the required shaft angle.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Depends where the engine/v-drive is mounted. Moving them forward can reduce the required shaft angle.
    But takes away cabin space.

Is tige killing it with a 2:1 versus a 1:76?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

But takes away cabin space.

Is tige killing it with a 2:1 versus a 1:76?

True. Have you seen the cabin space in some of the new boats? A Supreme ZS232, 23 ft boat, has barely more cabin space than my 20.5 ft Mondo. Look how far forward the engine cover is.
    2019 Supra SL450

And that is a huge negative

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

And that is a huge negative

Yep, that's one reason I'd never consider that boat. $110k, and way less space than a similarly priced Makai.
    2019 Supra SL450

Then when the prop diameter get that large you run the potential for drive shafts to shear off like the G23s had issues with there for a while.

I think the sweet spot is 1.76
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

When does to low a gear ratio become an issue?

1.5, 1.76, 2

At some point, the prop diameter requires the shaft angle to increase and the prop no longer can be square to the plane of the water surface.

Do the tige boats max out at 30mph?

They run beautifully.

Default 2019 Supra SL450 having issues getting to surfing speed

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Then when the prop diameter get that large you run the potential for drive shafts to shear off like the G23s had issues with there for a while.

I think the sweet spot is 1.76
    But then they’ve increased prop shaft diameter to take care of this. Granted they did learn the hard way, but it’s fixed. For the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by boisebruin View Post
    I am having issues getting up to surfing speed. 2019 Supra SL 450 with ACME 15x11, 2937 prop running at 5000 ft elevation. Full stock ballast with 500 lbs in each rear locker, 200 lbs of lead mid ship with 6 adults in the boat. zero off set at 11.3 mph and can't get to speed. Funny thing is that it won't go over 3600 rpms and I know the boat can rev higher than that. It doesn't matter if I have autowake on or off. Any suggestions?
    I had the same problem. I had full ballast with 200 in each locker with 100 mid ship and 100 front with 6 people in the boat and it wouldn’t go over 10.4 at 3600 rpm. All I did was turn it off and on and it acted normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buchholz.cole View Post
    I had the same problem. I had full ballast with 200 in each locker with 100 mid ship and 100 front with 6 people in the boat and it wouldn’t go over 10.4 at 3600 rpm. All I did was turn it off and on and it acted normal again.
    My supra does the same thing. What I have found is that if there's too much weight distributed towards the back, the boat will not go past 11.4 mph, I will then have a couple passengers sit in the bow and it speeds up to 12 as set. I think it has to do with weight, and the boats ability to get on plane. Something with the inclinometer the boat uses and the software that controls the takeoff to get it to plane. It uses the plates in rear all deployed simultaneously to get it on plane, so I wonder if having too much weight towards the back messes it up somehow, the software sets a speed to get the boat out and to level, if it cannot get the boat level despite speed of 11.4 in my case, I wonder if it sets to that speed and waiting for the sensors to show leveling while its not happening because too much stern weight. Anyway, its my theory and I'm sticking to it.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost