Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 models...

Default 2015 models...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I have plenty of other info. Just not authorized to share. Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Drool... Man that's a sexy motor.

2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default 2015 models...

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Drool... Man that's a sexy motor.
    Wait until you see the boat it's in!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post

Supra line needs to go towards surfing because that's what the old guys with money like to do and Moomba needs to go with wakeboarding because that's what the young guys without money like to do hahaha!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! But I suppose if the shoe fits.................
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I have plenty of other info. Just not authorized to share. Yet.

Yes its sexy, but I just have a hard time swallowing the fact this is not driving the cost of all the Moomba's up 5-10K. The Raptor engine is more expensive then a small block GM. Also with Closed Cooling your talking more components, and they say less maintenance, your right I don't have to change an impeller each season but now when I reach 100, 200, 300 hours of service I have to replace belts, hoses, coolant, oil, filters, trans oil, and the likes.

This is moving the Moomba line to a Dealer only service set up.

I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying I'm skeptical of the price increase we will see on the line.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default 2015 models...

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yes its sexy, but I just have a hard time swallowing the fact this is not driving the cost of all the Moomba's up 5-10K. The Raptor engine is more expensive then a small block GM. Also with Closed Cooling your talking more components, and they say less maintenance, your right I don't have to change an impeller each season but now when I reach 100, 200, 300 hours of service I have to replace belts, hoses, coolant, oil, filters, trans oil, and the likes.

I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying I'm skeptical of the price increase we will see on the line.
    Your current boat has all of those things except coolant.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

I doubt the Moomba guys would bring out an engine that is going to cost 5-10K more. Have a little faith

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Your current boat has all of those things except coolant.

Sent from my iPhone
    Nope mines not closed cooling, no coolant to change.

Yes I have to change my oil, filter, and trans oil each year. Plus impeller.

Mobius22 I have faith but I also watch the price jumps in the engine options. Just being realistic here.

Yes all the SC line is moving to the Raptor so the main engine is the same, and a little change in tuning will make different power but the real power upgrades will come from different cam, heads, tuning, and the likes.

I just can't see the Raptor Engine costing the same as the Indmar 350's when the engine its self is so much more then a 350 already.

I am just worried Moomba is getting on that slippery slope of being a base model 60K boat, and a Mojo model 75K boat. It scares the hell out of me in terms of what the consumers will do.

With all the free financing of these high end boats, I envision a boat market crash like the housing market did in 09. Then the market will be flooded with Repoed boats, and even the new boats will be worthless
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default 2015 models...

Remember, the price increase would, most likely, be dictated by Indmar, not Skiers Choice. My guess is that there were plenty of discussions around this subject when Indmar approached SC with the idea of moving to the Ford motor.

FWIW, the new motor is bad ass, IMO.

Default 2015 models...

And, I'm not too worried about the price creep. The Dow just approached 17,000. Money is starting to flow again despite the efforts being put forth in DC.

raptor motor is expensive today as it's in a limited production. wonder if economies of scale will bring it to a 2k price bump vs a 7k price bump? and I would assume, not remembering the official press release, if all the other vendors using indmar motors will help drive that cost down as well.
    wondering if they are resorting to closed cooling to keep the engine at a more constant temp rather than pulling water from a 55deg lake in montana and a 75deg lake in florida? easier to program an ecu? it is, without a doubt, going to add to the complexity of the engine and will take a small % of shadetree mechanics and push them to dealer service.

I do share mikes concern about the cost of the boats tho. something tells me I see a moomba with a sticker price beginning with an 85 in the not so distant future when optioned up.
    am excited to see what is in store. hoping for more than the last redesign of the lsv where they just added some topdeck.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten