Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unless the camera was mounted at water surface level and the dude riding was only 4ft tall it looks pretty good to me. What does great look like anyway?

For any power/speed hungry surf carnivores it's going to take something throwing a 6ft roller with a 20ft long sweet spot to be all giddy about it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Unless the camera was mounted at water surface level and the dude riding was only 4ft tall it looks pretty good to me. What does great look like anyway?

For any power/speed hungry surf carnivores it's going to take something throwing a 6ft roller with a 20ft long sweet spot to be all giddy about it.
    Hell I would ride that wave..... I aint going pro and it will prolly push my fat Arse on a board and the boat itself is daBomb.....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Hell I would ride that wave..... I aint going pro and it will prolly push my fat Arse on a board and the boat itself is daBomb.....
    You would be surprised how LITTLE push it really had. I rode it when i was 280 with my Soul Craft, and i was not impressed. I said before it will do it but its not great at it.

I was constantly on the nose of my board to keep it going and it was very easy to fall out of the pocket.

Now im no pro surfer eighter, but i have been behind some serious surf boats already and one with a Pro Level wave and its a completly different wave then the SA is throwing out.

Wake board, i didnt wake board behind it but the 3 guys who did the day i was on the SA450 said its by fare one of the best wakeboard waves they have ever been on. These guys were throwing down ticks, flips and 360s like the pros and even Dusty would be impressed with there riding skills, and from all the guys ive seen Dusty is one of the best looking riders with form and technique.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Oh I completely agree. Just trying to think of it like an analogy to a "fast" car. How fast is fast enough?

To be fair, did the SA have upgraded bags like most of the other boats you are comparing to? ... Upgraded above factory.

I'll admit when I rode (wakeboarded) behind it, the wake wasn't big and the boat could have taken way more weight. The boat planed and was instantly clean, though. Perhaps the surf is the same way and just needs more weight?

Hopefully there will be more on the water and we will see them get dialed in before they catch a bad wrap. Maybe you are trying to fool us and you really ended up with an SA
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

With a white tower

KG, I really hope people can make it all they expect for a surf boat lol.

The one we took out had the hard tanks filled, 1100 laying on top of that, it was a long bag simular to the 400 style in the LSV and we had an IBS in the boat. It was saced out pretty decent, it basically did what the boats do when you weight them very heavy in the rear.

Wave was tall and short.

Now in that video they have a bag in the nose on the seats, and if they are running an IBS also plus another 1K in the rear that is very much a possible wave. Then again how often is the normal surfing family going to ballast out the boat that much to surf.

Maybe all the time IDK.

I just know the SA i surfed, the wave didnt look like that.

But its ok, I would love to see the SA excell as the next DO ALL Supra.

Of course this is what the Launch 21 is sopposed to be? I mean Brads Launch is totally pimp, has a killer looking wakeboard wake and its Surf wave is shorter and taller and thats the way Brad loves it.

I would prefer more nose weight in the Launch 21, to flatten that wave a little and make it longer but then again thats my preference.
    Last edited by mmandley; 01-21-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: SA 550 Surf Video

The 21v is known for its wakeboarding wake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Your fish is growing bud ....

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

The one we took out had the hard tanks filled, 1100 laying on top of that, it was a long bag simular to the 400 style in the LSV and we had an IBS in the boat. It was saced out pretty decent, it basically did what the boats do when you weight them very heavy in the rear.

We filled the ballast up, apx 650 in the reat and roughly 900 in the nose for the goofy side. Awesome point to this boat, its so stable you can let people sit on the non surf side and it doesnt effect this boat as much. When you turn away from your surfing generaly you will flatten there wave and they fall out of the pocket. Not so with this boat.
    Is it possible your views are now little biased bc you didn't purchase the SA?

Claudia was able to free rope the surf easily and this shows the boat is throwing a good wave. After her ride her comments were, " Its got Potential ". Honeslty this is a great thought because no way you will take a new boat of any kind and fill it then surf it and be happy, all boats require tweeking to get the wave the way you really like it.

I know if i had thsi boat for a weekend i could make a serious surf boat out of it. It wouldnt be as good as a Surf designed boat but i could do a lot with it.
    Either way, all I'm trying to say is I don't think there is any reason for the SA to get a bad surf rep without someone getting in there and tweeking it, much like you mentioned originally. It could be a bad surf boat, I don't know, but it could also be solid once someone has time to play with it.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    The 21v is known for its wakeboarding wake.
    Agreed, never heard anyone claim the 21v as an all around boat. It has always been known as Supra's go to wakeboat due to the consistency of the wake on both sides and not being as sensitive to weight.

I have seen it throw a decent surf wave though when doing a surf bowl. Can't seem to find the pic.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 01-22-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo