Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help an idiot

a good point was made about 8"... hanging low as i have a DD, they would be in the path to hit heads... so 6.5 I reckon is the way to go!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I've never understood the concept of front and rear tubbies. Who are the forward-facing speakers playing to and for how much of the time? That ends up being half the compact enclosure displacement per each speaker and splits your valuable power up in a way that doesn't focus the energy where you really need it the most. Kind of a scattershoot approach.
    The Krypt is actually a 7.7" and not an 8-inch speaker as represented.
    Kicker will soon have tower enclosures shipping for their HLCD drivers. And they look good. Plus you can get some very nice spun aluminum pods packaged with the HLCDs at a very competitive price.
    Wetsounds could be closing out the Pro60s one of these days and that should make entry into HLCDs very inexpensive.

David
    Earmark Marine

Tight budget = ebay! I saw two pairs of Kicker HLCDs both go for $220 each with free shipping just a week or so ago, though no cans. One set was barely used, the other new. Seen Wet sounds go relatively inexpensively in the past as well. Don't see much if any exile on ebay. I picked up my Polks complete with double cans during an auction over the winter few years ago for $265. I think at the time the Buy-it-now option was $900. However I lost probably 7-8 auctions before hitting the right one with time it closed, few other bidders, etc.

If you go cheap on the speakers now you'll most likely find yourself switching them out in a year or two for an upgrade = more $$. I'd suggest being diligent on hunting the auctions this winter but also be patient.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

The 8" Bazooka (not the doubles) will be a real struggle to hear while wakeboarding and their sound quality is in line with their price. The Bazooka 8" HLCD have poor mid-bass as compared to a higher end HLCD's. These can be heard while boarding, but again, sound quality.

I would suggest steering clear of the doubles. Wiring two different sized speakers together on a single chnl always leaves one speaker compromised to some degree. If you tune for the smaller speaker, then you dont get the mid-bass out of the larger driver that you wanted. Tune for the larger driver, and you are over driving the smaller speaker. The doubles use a 5.25" speaker in the front.

I actually am currently waiting on a pair of 6 1/2" Roswells They should be in amy time now! I will be needing some sound advice when they get here for sure!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

THEY CAME IN FINALLY! Now, the only problem is my cluelessness on how to install! reckon I will be searching the threads here. BUT, any hints from you experienced guys are welcome!!!Roswell4.jpgRoswell1.jpgRoswell2.jpgRoswell3.jpg

P.S. did the forum format change? Or is my PC jacked???
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post

P.S. did the forum format change? Or is my PC jacked???
    Thank you!!!! I've been wondering the same thing myself. Appears the same to me, just all scrunched into the middle.

Oh, and you just hook the wires from the speakers to the holes in the amp. I'd suggest electrical tape to hold the wire next to the tower.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

"Oh, and you just hook the wires from the speakers to the holes in the amp. I'd suggest electrical tape to hold the wire next to the tower. "

LMAO... gee, thanks!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Just curious, but is there any particular reason for recommending electrical tape over duct tape?

Well, I assume because my tower is black. Besides, electrical tape leaves that wonderful gummy residue behind!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"