Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What would you guys think about a 2003 Moomba Möbius Gravity Games edition? Is that a better boat than the 2005 Moomba Outback? The outback is the plain jane version. The Möbius is direct drive. The Möbius has 500 hours on the engine, vs 340 on the Outback. Both look to be in good shape. The 2003 Möbius has the carb engine. Not sure if the 2005 is EFI or not.

I can't speak to your situation, as I don't know how much of your budget you are really prepared to spend, but when I looked, I have made the mistake before of buying something for the sake of buying and not waiting for what I REALLY wanted and would REALLY fit the end bill(how I ended up with a new '06 ninja250 for 2 months )...

I'd recommend:
    -fuel injection. so much simpler and a reason why almost all new boats are injected and
    -vdrive

unless you are a slalom skiier or have a strong need for a dd, or just don't have the extra cash, injected vdrive fits so many more needs. you say now that your primary objective is to pull a tube, heck any bayliner will do that for 1/2 the cash, so there must be some reason why you want into a comp boat, and betting once you get a taste of what they can really do, you might just find a new hobby/pasttime and be glad you didn't settle
    either way, good luck and know that you can't go wrong with any skiers product if it's been taken care of.. ask for records.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The Indmar 340 is EFI to answer the question.

As mentioned most boats will pull a tube. The v-drive is nice for passengers not having to duck for ropes. I have a DD. I just didn't want to spend the money for a V.

The Mobius line will be more wakeboard friendly, and move into surfing easier. The Outback is more skier friendly with its smaller wakes. Depends on which you like more.

The Mobius will give you a marginally better ride in rough water.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Hoopskier, the Moomba Outback has the 310 Indmar engine. Is that EFI? The engine has 340 hours on it.

I love the feedback on a V, unfortunately it's about $5k more than I have to spend. That'd be spending about 25% more on the boat which I don't really want to do right now. If it was worth it to get an older V drive like around 99-01, then I would consider that. But, I'm not sure if that's a good idea if I stay in the Moomba line because I read some of the older models were not as quality as the more recent stuff.

too bad you are not near me(or are you, city not in sig..).

guy in eagle idaho just posted a vdrive moomba on craigslist.. specs below. boat looks nice, but color(red/white/blue) might not be for everyone. it's close to your budget..
    http://boise.craigslist.org/boa/2467681275.html
    $25k

the boat is in great shape
    117 hours on the 350 ci 320 hp indamor motor. it has 3 ballast bags with a total 1200 lbs
    wakeboard rack
    bimini top
    kenwood stereo with tower speakers and aplifier
    dual batteries with switch
    21" ft open bow
    will seat 10
    ice chest
    wake plate(this gets really big wakes for surfing)
    3 "fat" sacks that weigh 500 lbs a piece in the rear and 200 lb in the center
    40 gallon tank
    we can ride in it all day and only go through a half a tank
    big pull from the start

The boat is great and the only reason I am selling is because I put a pool in my backyard.if you have any questions give me a call.
    todd blackwell
    208-608-9124

Last edited by sandm; 06-28-2011 at 06:53 PM.

additional note.. problem is you are trying to buy a boat mid-season. that same boat will be 3k-4k cheaper this fall if they NEED to sell it, but betting it'll be gone before the end of next week. like kane mentioned, they are around, but you have to be patient and ready to jump at the drop of a hat.. they will be all over the place in the fall tho....

That does seem like a nice boat. Not a big fan of the color but it would do. Good to know about the season. I wish I could wait but I really want to get out there now. I just moved on a Lake and want to enjoy it to the max. BTW, I'm in Orlando, Florida.
    Last edited by orlando moomba; 06-28-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orlando moomba View Post
    Hoopskier, the Moomba Outback has the 310 Indmar engine. Is that EFI? The engine has 340 hours on it.
    Oops, mis-read it a little. Second, nice location and to be on a lake.

Its not for cetain the the 2005 Outback has EFI. I think Moomba kept the EFI as an option, and the very base models were Carb'ed. Althought I would think that a 05 model would likely have EFI, being newer, especially if it has a tower and ballast. Just like common options on a car. I have an 03 and it has EFI.

You would have to ask the owner or dealer to clarify EFI or Carb. If its posted on the web for sale, provide us with a link or pictures. The communtiy will let you know what we all think. We maybe able to tell you if its EFI or not if there is an engine picture.

They usually have an engine cover that says EFI one them or not. This pic is from an 04 boat.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Here's a link to the 2005 Moomba Outback boat-
    http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...tback-98804291

Here's a link to pictures he sent me. https://picasaweb.google.com/360Degr...eat=directlink

the 2003 Moomba Möbius is carbd because I asked him.

Cant tell from the pics to be certain if its EFI or not. No engine pics. But from the options is has, ballast, newer model year and I see it has a heater. It would lead me to believe that its more likely than not that it is EFI. I would send the seller a quick email to verify.

Just noticed that the ad says State of Washington and you are in Florida. Cross country is a long way to travel for a boat.