Default 2007 LSV no start

Got her out of the barn yesterday. Summerzied it, dragged to the lake. I jump in for the first start of the year while still attached to the trailer. Starts right up, no problems. All pressures, and temps come alive. I open the engine compartment as I always do on the first start to make sure I re-attached everything correctly. Sure enough the block hose was leaking where it screws together; I had forgotten to screw it back together. I shut off the motor, re-attach the hose, go to re-start, turn key to ON. I get all normal indications. Turn key to START.......nothing.

After 15 minutes blocking the ramp, I pull out and into the shade to crack a cold one and troubleshoot. I spend 4 hours there and nothing. Tow it home and get my mechanic friend to come help me track down the issue.

On the ramp I jumped the leads on the ignigtion switch, checked all fuses under dash and on the engine (the red one), I checked batt voltage, amperage all good. I even pulled a batt out of my Dmax to hook into the twin batt system on boat. No luck. I checked all three breakers in the batt compartment, all were in, so I cycled them. Checked that the kill lanyard was in and working.

At home we have voltage from switch to start relay, can jump solenoid and she turns over. I crossed leads on the neutral safety switch, no luck. 12 volts at starter relay, 12 volts at starter and ignition switch. Swapped relay with one of the others. Problem did not follow, it stayed.

Today I called Indmar, he said pull the entire neutral safety switch and cross the leads at the relay. Getting ready to try that, and potentially jump across the main breaker in the batt compartment.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Beejwest; 05-15-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    2007 LSV

Neutral switch is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Just pulled leads off neutral safety switch and wired them together. No luck.
    2007 LSV

I will tell you from experience. I had a similar situation and could not figure anything out. Was on the lake, full boat, had to get towed back to ramp. I was taking things switching leads etc. all things you are trying. I wiggled the throttle a number of times you name it. Finally, was getting so upset that my boat would not start, I put the throttle in WOT, still wont start. put it back in neutral and walked away. Came back a few hours later, tried to start and it started right up, no issues after that either.

Throttle was not fully engaged in neutral! by going to WOT and then back, the throttle engaged properly into neutral.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default 2007 LSV no start

Did you check your safety lanyard switch?

I had checked that bluemobius, but thanks. Sometimes it's the simple things. I finally found the problem at a harness connector right above the hose I had hooked up. I guess I bumped the harness and the ignition wire was already loose. When I bumped it, it disconnected. Took about an hour to track down bad wire with a multimeter.
    2007 LSV

I was goi g to say you might have knocked something loose reconnecting the hose.

2017 Moomba Craz

Yea, but you didn't. Course, neither did I.

Glad you got it solved and back on the water.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Yea, but you didn't. Course, neither did I.

Glad you got it solved and back on the water.

2017 Moomba Craz