View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Moomba/Supra Ownersa WakeSurf board sharing program?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 60.71%
  • No

4 14.29%
  • Maybe, but I need more details. (post questions in reply)

7 25.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

How about having everyone sorta pair up so that no one person ends up w a board. Not for use but to be able to go to that person and pick it up if it is not forwarded. or just put up a cc number so if you dont send it their cc gets billed?
    I know my opinion doesnt count yet because I'm not at 100 posts yet
    REALLY????

I am new to this board and also tho the Moomba family. I would really like to get in on this board sharing program. I live in Knoxville Tn so I think I am close to some of you. Please let me know what I can do to get in on this program.

Thanks,
    Eric Nelson
    2007 XLV Grasvity Games
    Jabsco Pump upgrade

PS. i did the first Heatercraft group buy.

Well, looks like this isn't going to happen this year. There were only 11 that responded "Yes" and a few of those were our Northern brothers. I think the shipping/customs issues with The Great White North would be too problematic.

So, that leaves only a handful and some mentioned throwing in $20-$50, but that wouldn't buy a single high-end board such as an Inland Surfer.

Maybe we'll try again next year.

I'm a Centurion owner and I'd bet the guys at CenturionCrew would add to the numbers (and Jeff owner of Inland Surfer and Drew Danielo are active members, hint donation hint). I like the rules as a general guideline.

If some have less than 100 posts, get someone to vouch for you or post up your Ebay history. I do this on Craigslist to show I'm legit seller with history.

Agree that Canada needs their own program as shipping through customs is double-time, and double-money (done it before).

In 3 weeks I'm going to test out my new-to-me mint TWP Comp X 5.0 that is a board for my crew members over 200lbs. Something like this as a 'loaner' to get started would be best. Would love new boards but price/risk would be an issue. That said, some highend boards are just too delicate for this program like my TWP James Walker Sig or a Stixx Comp, and i hear Grindwater too. Skims and Inland boards I know can take a beating. Probably need two different weight classes of over/under 200lbs.

Give me a few weeks and if this thread dies, I'll see about getting one together with Centurion members too and contact board companies about donations. If it remains to us, then used 'loaner' boards like my crew board that I can do without looks like a way to go. It was only $200 to start with so much easier to loan out.

CentCrew also has a small but very active group and i feel comfortable being able to vouch them.

ie. shipping a skim across the US is about $24. A blue lake size is about $42 via fedex.

I would be interested, just have been a little confused on how the cost is going to work into this.

If you could get a vendor to donate a board and then at the end of the season it is up for bids to buy from them, i think that would be a great idea. It gets their product out amongst all of us and im sure the board will get sold at the end of the year through the bidding process.

Damaged boards are going to be a concern. My TWP came in busted the first time around.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

This was a great idea that completely died. I wonder with so many more board makers now if this could actually happen.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Moomba Owner's Wakesurf Board Sharing Program

This must have been kicked around before my time. Sounds like a great idea to me and I know we have good relations with a few board manufacturers (Soulcraft, Phase 5, Doomswell...). Maybe we can work out the geographic area switching thing now. We definitely have concentrations of members in certain areas-PNW, Texas and Goergia area for some.

Lets try again.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

I'm down. At least for the Georgia group. Although I'm not loaded with boards like some.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

Our season is fading fast here - maybe start to line it up in the spring and run it through the summer?

Probably be best to start from the south and work their way north...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...