Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My advice is to take all the information everyone has given and use it.....it is good information. I would add getting a helmet. I know it sounds dorky but I am telling you it will probably get you over that mental block. I bought one last year and even though I wasn't any better at wakeboarding for some reason it got me over the mental block and I started "trying" more tricks. It helped me improve my wake 2 wake last year. I went from going W2W at 60 ft to being able to do it at 75 ft and still able to land in the flats if I want. Just my $.02
    2009 Moomba XLV

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    My advice is to take all the information everyone has given and use it.....it is good information. I would add getting a helmet. I know it sounds dorky but I am telling you it will probably get you over that mental block. I bought one last year and even though I wasn't any better at wakeboarding for some reason it got me over the mental block and I started "trying" more tricks. It helped me improve my wake 2 wake last year. I went from going W2W at 60 ft to being able to do it at 75 ft and still able to land in the flats if I want. Just my $.02
    I wear a helmet too when I want to practicing jumping bigger. I couldn't care less at the jeers my buddies give me. I need to be able to stay alive and keep working to provide for my family.
    2017 Moomba Craz

as for videos i had the same issues trusting someone to film well.. i have had the air trakker camera mount on my tower for a few years now.. works great.. not sure if the guy still makes the product or not any more..

i was always getting hurt from never being able to progress at wakeboarding, I'm getting older now, so i just strictly wakesurf and have been trying to progress with that.
    Last edited by spyder; 08-01-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: better video
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Pretty good info in this thread. The chair analogy is prob the best way to visualize it. A good drill to make it practical is a standing tall drill.

Edge out like you are going to setup up for a toe side wake jump until the edge no longer get you anywhere. Once you find this spot hold the position for a count of 3. Then while holding the edge stand tall against the line and lock out your legs for a count of 3. You will know that your are doing it correctly if the spray from your board doesn't change any.

Do this 4-5 times then attempt a wake jump, you should recognize a noticible difference in pop.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

helmet is a must, and maybe even a mouth guard. Who cares if your buddies jib you about it. It will give you that extra boost since you feel more confident in pushing yourself.

Just bumping this thread back up for one of the guys looking for help. This thread probably helped me more than anything else in a long while. Enjoy! Maybe some new advice from our better riders???????
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I finally got wake to wake (HS only so far) down last year to where I can do it consistently, and land out in the flats if I want - though landing on downside wake is much softer...anyway, 3 things made it happen:

1. Speed up - nothing crazy, but 22mph made a big difference over 20 to learn
    2. Shorten the line
    3. Try to hit the wake at a 90 degree angle. I know 45 is ideal, but I think by "trying" to hit it straight on, it probably ended up putting me at the correct 45. Trying to hit 45, I was definitely not hitting it straight on enough to get any pop.
    2007 LSV - all red

hold you edge all the way up the wake, do not flatten out and make sure you use a progressive edge. If you hold the edge all the way up the wake you will pop off the top, oh and make sure handle is at your hips and you will be good to go. By edging up all the way thru the wake you will no absorb the wake with you knees thus not getting any pop.
    Last edited by saskie99; 04-13-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Feeling a little stoked now because I *finally* broke my rut and can do some nice wake-to-wake jumps now. Before, I could do a jump, but it was low with no hang time at all, and I would usually case the wake and fall.

So here's the one thing that helped me out; thought I would share. It's the only thing that I changed last night, and it did the trick.

I had my son video all of my jumps one day (I should do this more often, heh), and noticed that when I edge in, my rear shoulder was very low and my lead shoulder was very high. What this meant was that I had all of my weight on my back foot, none on the front. Or probably it was more like 80/20 weight distribution. I didn't know I was doing it.

Anyway, to correct it, right at the beginning of the coast, as I was going into the sit position (see http://www.learnwake.com/videos/hs-j...erfect-set-up/ and watch the setup for the first jump in that video), I very purposefully make sure that I had exactly 50/50 weight on each foot. Then during the edge, kept that 50/50 (which was easy, once you started out that way). Boom, big jumps landing three feet out in the flats, and consistent landings.

Of course this little correction goes along with all of the other stuff...mainly a progressive edge and standing tall at the top of the wake.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

I've always been able to get good pop, but feel that the rope doesn't stay close to my hip in the air. Any ideas?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold