Default Jabsco Ballast King pumps for sale

Jabsco Ballast King Reversible Pump w/Rocker Switch (133lbs/min)

Brand new/unopened. I have 6 of these to sell. $250 each shipped to lower 48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post

Upgraded switches to take the add’l amps?

Never looked to see what these spike at.

2018 Supra SL400

They will pull 20A.
    I did a lot of searching on here and on my own on how to make these work with my factory timers. Having to add breakers, 6 relays and then the pdi outputs become inputs to the new relays.

In the end, I can wait 4 minutes. But if I had an older boat without timers this would be a smoking deal. Or wire them in separately to midship bags so you don't have to wait for the overflow effect to work.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    They will pull 20A.
    I did a lot of searching on here and on my own on how to make these work with my factory timers. Having to add breakers, 6 relays and then the pdi outputs become inputs to the new relays.

In the end, I can wait 4 minutes. But if I had an older boat without timers this would be a smoking deal. Or wire them in separately to midship bags so you don't have to wait for the overflow effect to work.
    I agree. Someone on the Supra Forum did a write up on the Johnson Talulah High Flow Reversible Ballast Pumps they added to a ?2005? Supra with bigger ballast hose too. Filled the 1200# rear lockers in 2 mins 50 secs. I think they recommend 10GA wiring with a 50amp fuse when installing that pump system.

Had a buddy put the Jabsco Ballast Kings in his 2006 Supra 24 Launch. Very pleased with the results. A little bit for work to get it done right with new wires, breakers, switches, and mounting.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    They will pull 20A.

Can you eloborate a bit on this setup. Specifically, for me without G6 ballast I only need three of these to replace my puppies. I thought with the ballast king that other than fuses/wiring for additional amp draw that it would be plug and play (or plug and pump so to speak).
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Can you eloborate a bit on this setup. Specifically, for me without G6 ballast I only need three of these to replace my puppies. I thought with the ballast king that other than fuses/wiring for additional amp draw that it would be plug and play (or plug and pump so to speak).
    Unfortunately, they are not plug and pump. The amperage draw is larger than the puppies (19 vs 11.2) and the relay outputs from the PDM are fused at 20A the larger current load could/will cause the PDM output to blow.
    The relays are not individual like the older systems and you would have to use the outputs of the PDM to trigger the coil of new relays that can take the load and wire them to the new King pumps. You would probably want to add a fuse box for protection also.

Puppy - 20A fuse - 11.2A draw
    King - 25A fuse - 19A draw

You can try it but I would have a new PDM on standby before just upping the fuse and wire size. When I thought about this much time and effort the 4 extra minutes that I would be saving (maybe 30 minutes total throughout the day) was not worth it. Using the PDM outputs to the pumps, you could add the same type of reversing relays and create a 6 pump system that would be faster than 3 king pumps anyway. Running 6 King pumps would be crazy but you would need an extra battery.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....o-Ballast-King <- Previous discussion on this topic
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 11-09-2021 at 01:58 PM.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I would add that the electrical demands are already high (especially on a Supra).

Even with a 230A alternator, running ballast, sound system, thrusters etc is taxing.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan