Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I pull from the pylon at the rear, or my two hook points on either side of the stern when pulling both our big 3 seaters at the same time. I don't use a tow ball, and keep my front ballast full and empty rears. I generally keep my center Plate at 50 or so just to give them some wake to bounce over when I sling the piss out of them. Every now and then a rope will get hung in some of the wake, but only for a moment.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses everyone. I’ll try to slow it down a bit and see if that helps. Seems like when I go much below 11 the wave feels too soft. I have several things to try as the season comes to a close here in Ohio.

On the WakeMakers bag comment - I really can’t afford to loose the storage bins. I store a tube in each one and they barely fit…..darn kiddos and their tubing…lol.

Hate to hijack and revive an old thread...but...

I've got the bag upgrade and still have the stock storage bins. Am I missing something? The dealer added 1.5min to the timers and they look "full" when I pop the seat up to look at them. Just wondering now if maybe they aren't filling all the way up since I can still fit the bins?
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    Hate to hijack and revive an old thread...but...

I've got the bag upgrade and still have the stock storage bins. Am I missing something? The dealer added 1.5min to the timers and they look "full" when I pop the seat up to look at them. Just wondering now if maybe they aren't filling all the way up since I can still fit the bins?
    Ya the bins should not fit when they are full unless they made the new bins way shorter and I mean like 4"-6" deep. Did he move your sensors up behind the rear wall as well? My bags come pretty close to filling the entire space. No way my bins would fit.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I have a post on the FB group where I talk about venting the rear bags from the top to get all the air out as you fill. That way you dont have a bunch of air in your bags. You can also manually burp your bags by cracking the top vent cap while you fill as well.
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
    I have a post on the FB group where I talk about venting the rear bags from the top to get all the air out as you fill. That way you dont have a bunch of air in your bags. You can also manually burp your bags by cracking the top vent cap while you fill as well.
    Good point! To me this is a must. I vented off the top of both of WM bags T'd them in to the factory overflow and I put check valves just before the fitting that goes out the side to help with draining. TBH I am going to find a way to also vent the bags under the bench seat and tie it into the same line. It is so nice to not have to burp the bags.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya the bins should not fit when they are full unless they made the new bins way shorter and I mean like 4"-6" deep. Did he move your sensors up behind the rear wall as well? My bags come pretty close to filling the entire space. No way my bins would fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
    I'll measure the depth soon but 6" seems like what I have. It's odd because I asked the salesman about it and he said they'd fit and even had a story about another customer who put lead in the bins.

I'll try the venting next time out after I get the bins out. Is the vent cap obviously just on top?
    2022 Makai 400
    Chilltech

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    the bins are pretty shallow (about 6-8"). i think the 22 models have "upgraded" bags, as mine fill under the seats all the way, and appear to fill the lockers up to the shallow storage bins.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    the bins are pretty shallow (about 6-8"). i think the 22 models have "upgraded" bags, as mine fill under the seats all the way, and appear to fill the lockers up to the shallow storage bins.
    I bought wake makers and had the dealer install before I ever picked it up. I've got the unused stock bags sitting in my garage. I wonder if they changed the bins , or if I'm not getting all the way full.
    2022 Makai 400
    Chilltech

The 2021 Makai storage bins are 11" deep. Plus or minus thickness of the plastic.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    The 2021 Makai storage bins are 11" deep. Plus or minus thickness of the plastic.

interesting , i will measure mine tonight, they dont seem as deep, but maybe they are.

side note, do yours catch the vinyl/cover? i had to round off the sharp edge on mine because it was snagging the vinyl seam every time you opened it.

also, i thought the WM bag upgrades didnt add much to the top and more added to the front/under seat. the WM bags are listed as only 1345x2, stock 2022 is 4k total, and i dont see the front bag being more than 1310LB
    Last edited by vdubnick; 05-24-2022 at 11:26 AM.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior