Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Dang that sucks to hear. So the midship cup holders just dump water into the underseat storage? If so I’ll definitely plug them like I had to do on my Yamaha. I’m guessing the 2 cup holders in the bow dump into the hull and go back to the bilge? I may just run tubes from all the cup holders so they dump into the bilge and be done with it.
    If you're having to dump your bilge from cup holder can condensation you are drinking WAY too slow....

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    If you're having to dump your bilge from cup holder can condensation you are drinking WAY too slow....

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    Now that is funny!!!!

Mainly the issue was from washing the boat and cockpit. The Yamaha storage compartments were all carpet and not the rubber lined like the Moomba. So carpet could get soaked real quick. I plugged mine soon after I bought it and never had to worry over it again.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Hey z28ke, I like what you did with the RGB LEDs in the cockpit. I may follow some of your ideas for my Max LED lighting. I was wondering since you had the cup holders out, can you tell me if there are drain tubes or do they dump water in the storage compartments?

Did you get a chance to test out the sound deadening you did to see if there was a big improvement?
    No drain tubes on any of mine, but you could take one to the hardware store and find a plastic cap that would plug it.

Hopefully I’ll have it out in April to see how the sound deadener worked!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Did you tie into your court lights for the cupholders and speaker lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxman View Post
    Did you tie into your court lights for the cupholders and speaker lights?
    I did, I removed the 2 courtesy lights, drilled them out from the backside (giggity) and glued in single rgb led’s.

I don’t believe I took any pics of the process but these are the single led’s I used:
    XSPC Single 2x5x5mm RGB LED (4-Pin) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0735J8PCJ...p_mob_ap_share
    2018 Murder Max

What was the process to tie the cupholders into the court lights wiring ?

I just used the courtesy lights switch to power the wetsounds rgb controller. If you aren’t going rgb you can just tap into the positive and negative wire going to the courtesy lights and wire the cup holders directly off that.
    2018 Murder Max

I'm doing just blue - gotta figure out which wire is the courtesy lights - i glanced up under the console and it was hard to tell what was what. Thanks for your help - you've done a great job with your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxman View Post
    I'm doing just blue - gotta figure out which wire is the courtesy lights - i glanced up under the console and it was hard to tell what was what. Thanks for your help - you've done a great job with your boat.
    You can just find the wiring right at the back of the courtesy light, tap into it then daisy chain to the new LEDs. That's what I did. Don't have to mess with anything under the dash if you're not doing RGB. I tapped into the wiring on each side of the boat. Pretty simple. I also left my courtesy lights w/o power since I never use them, and I didn't want white lights going along with my blue LEDs.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

So would these be the updated bags? I forgot to check my build date on the boat.
    bag.jpg
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade