Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

quote of the day! love it! BREAKIN THE LAW... BREAKIN THE LAW....
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

How big is your crew? 500#s leads to 1000#s when you have it dialed in.

Just say in, the weight is addicting.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Just for comparison sake, our last boat was a 2017 Tige RZX3. Advertised weight was 6000 for the boat and 1200 for the two axle trailer. Fully loaded for a day on the lake (jackets, surfboards, tubes, knee board, one cooler, towel bag, food bag, anchor bag, ropes, etc) we scaled at 8600 pounds. No lead. The GVW on the trailer was 8200. I had some lengthy conversations with Boatmate about this situation. In short they told me it's best not to add any more weight, but other than that they didn't care. It towed awesome and never gave me any trouble. I put thousands of miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

yeah, we already have 850 left over from the old boat.. I'd like to use less if I can get away with it (only because we trailer 30 mins each way)..
    2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    Just for comparison sake, our last boat was a 2017 Tige RZX3. Advertised weight was 6000 for the boat and 1200 for the two axle trailer. Fully loaded for a day on the lake (jackets, surfboards, tubes, knee board, one cooler, towel bag, food bag, anchor bag, ropes, etc) we scaled at 8600 pounds. No lead. The GVW on the trailer was 8200. I had some lengthy conversations with Boatmate about this situation. In short they told me it's best not to add any more weight, but other than that they didn't care. It towed awesome and never gave me any trouble. I put thousands of miles on it.
    You should have talked with Tige and asked them why the approved those specs for a trailer that they sell with the their boat.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

yeah, we already have 850 left over from the old boat.. I'd like to use less if I can get away with it (only because we trailer 30 mins each way)..

or, even manually filling the 750 lbs of fat sac.. like i had been doing.. i really don't mind it.. doesn't take long and fits under the ski locker.. (surf side). I'm no "cork sniffer".. I can go old school and fill a manual bag with a pump.

old boat (max) - 3,000 in stock + 850 lead + 750 manual fat sack stored under surf side storage locker.. = Total ballast 4,600 (wave was awesome).. total ballast and boat= 8900. that extra 1k in water weight is huge.

mojo thinking - 4,000 in stock, 750 manual bag (no lead to trailer at all).. = 4,750. Basically achieving the same weight (more) than i had in the max.. total ballast and boat= 9550

Or adding the 500 lead i already have (maybe even my full 850) = 5250 or 5550. that would be massive. haha will start with 500 and go from there.

total ballast and boat= (850) = 10,400

"no replacement for displacement!"
    Last edited by Dank; 11-12-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    2021 Mojo

The trailer weight ratings are very conservative and I wouldn't worry about the towing, personally. I have 7 trailers and all of them have been loaded WAY over their gvwr at some point or another and never an issue.
    I say pull it and see how it feels. I think a lot of people are pulling over their truck/vehicle capacity more than they are stressing the trailer.

I pulled my tige with my wife's grand cherokee and it did fine. ~4500 lbs or so.
    Technically it has the rating to pull the SA but there's no way in hell id do it and I think it's absurd that it's even legal.
    I see people pulling these new heavy boats with things that have no business pulling them all the time.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    The trailer weight ratings are very conservative and I wouldn't worry about the towing, personally. I have 7 trailers and all of them have been loaded WAY over their gvwr at some point or another and never an issue.
    I say pull it and see how it feels. I think a lot of people are pulling over their truck/vehicle capacity more than they are stressing the trailer.

I pulled my tige with my wife's grand cherokee and it did fine. ~4500 lbs or so.
    Technically it has the rating to pull the SA but there's no way in hell id do it and I think it's absurd that it's even legal.
    I see people pulling these new heavy boats with things that have no business pulling them all the time.

Our Nissan Titan has a tow capacity rated at 9-10k.. and even with that - the rear sags when towing a Max with lead. (6,600 lbs) .. going to get airbags installed this month to help level it out.
    2021 Mojo

Put the lead in the back and it will raise the front

In all seriousness having the boat loaded evenly is important for towing safely.
    2020 Supra SA

Seems like there is a gap in communication between Moomba and Boatmate.... o yeah the weight of our boats have increased like 50% in the past 2 years. Over the payload once you add fuel.
    I can't understand why they can't put 5000 lb axles on these trailers, less than $100 retail difference in axle cost.
    I wonder if we will start to see innovation on the trailers for these wake boats, drop deck axles and tongue extensions, etc

2005 Tige 22v