Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Protection from beaching

Hey does anyone know of any way to protect my hull from scratchs when beaching? I'm not running it into shore I gently pull it up only did it once and already found scratches. It's mostly sand with small pebbles. If not any good anchoring products and techniques for a little ways out???

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv

The Anchor Buddy (bungee cord) device will keep your boat off the shore.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

i have been thinking about that as well..
    http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=350
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

years ago someone created a thread about a strip of plastic that was easily applied to the bottom of the boat to protect the hull.

Default Protection from beaching

I use the box/slide anchor, just drop it when you're in about 10' of water and tie to the front of the boat. Spin the boat around while still floating towards shore and have a buddy take a rope from the back to a sand spike up on the beach or to a branch/rock on shore. Then you stay in about 4' of water and don't have to worry about scratches. With that setup my boat stays put all day if needed. I can watch all the other boats slowly drift around and people having to manage them the whole time they're parked. I use the small size anchor and have no issues.

They are called keel shields.
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Since I got my Moomba, it's never seen the beach. I use an anchor at the bow and run a line to the beach and put a stake in the sand. Too much underwater gear and darker gels shows scratches so easily... it's just not worth it to me.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Don't mean to jack ur thread but I have a related question. When pulling in towards the shore will the hull of the boat always make contact with the bottom of the lake before the prop? Another words will the boat beach before a prop strike? Also, how shallow can you go before beaching? Thanks.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

It's really hard to tell what will hit first... lots of underwater hazards. I prefer to stay in water at least 3' below the boat but that's just me. Those props are expensive... and so are all the other underwater components!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

depends on the slope of the lake bottom. if it's gradual out, you could hit with prop before front.

we NEVER beach. when going out to the sandbar to enjoy some adult beverages, it's pretty shallow but also a real sandy bottom. we stop at around waist depth, set a front anchor and a side anchor and done. cost me around $125 for 2 anchors and rope.
    I have a white bottom and still wouldn't ever subject the boat to the bottom. sandblasting is the quickest way to remove paint from metal. why would you run a boat that you pay as much as a small house for into the same type of process.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten