Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soo annoyed with SeaDek right now

So, I sent an email to Jason about a group buy for SeaDek swim platform pads and hadn't heard anything back yet. I decided to try calling and asked for him. The lady that answered the phone asked who I was and what I wanted, so I told her...She the proceeded to tell me that they have put group buys on hold because they have had too many people that take too long to get their payments in (they don't start processing the order until everyone has paid). I guess some people were taking like 3 weeks to get their payment in and the other people in the group buy were getting annoyed.

She then proceeded to say that unless I (or anyone for that matter) could get all of the order information and submit it to them at once. I asked her what that entailed. She then proceeded to tell me that she needed pad info, people's names, address, credit card info, etc. Really, who is going to give credit card info to another member to order a new pad? That is just asking for trouble. I wouldn't give mine out. She did say that they are trying to figure out a more efficient way of doing this, but the group buys have been put on hold until then.

SeaDek may have a good product, but there recent policy changes suck! They wont tell you what pad you need anymore based on your boat info and now this. They are making this so difficult, that I am seriously considering just leaving my current pad or finding another company to give my business to.

This lady that I keep getting from both the 800 number and the number that another member had in another post about contacts for the group buy wont do anything. Next she will tell me that they don't warranty their pads anymore and that you can't order any custom pads!

Hopefully Jason comes back with something for me.

not to defend seadek, but put their shoes on. you are asking them to give you a discount and asking them to do extra legwork..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I had a great experiance in dealing with Jason, but I didn't go through a group buy. Infact, I believe I have the most expensive Moomba swim platform pad ever created, haha!
    2013 Outback V

I guess I expect too much from companies. I expect a company that has done as much business as they have with Moomba owners, to knowwhich of their products work on which boats. The group buy thing was just another item to add to my frustration.

I hate To say this but Moomba is by far the only forum that they deal with or want group buys. I'm sure its been a nightmare for them. Their business has grown 10 fold since I introduced them in '08. The "special interest" groups aren't helping either. They now are OEM to many mfgrs as well. So IMO cut them some slack and try and work with them to get a resolution. Wait and see what Jason says. Btw nobody makes pads like these but Seadek that I know of.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I had a great experience with them in december, custom order as well.

Ian yours is pretty slick looking.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

what does ians look like?? i want the TX state flag on mine, could they do this?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    what does ians look like?? i want the TX state flag on mine, could they do this?
    here is his thread

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=moomba

I think we may have jacked the OP, sorry 07 LSV
    Last edited by jmvotto; 03-12-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

07 i set up a group buy 2 years ago and im in the market for another pad as SC just sent me a new swim deck and it has no pad on it. They sent my the 2011 pad and its not the Seadek

What i did was the 10 people all PMed me and gave me all the info except the CC number. I then forwarded all that to Chuck. Then it took about a week for the other 9 people. The good thing is if you set this up and run the show then you have all the Phone numbers and can call people direct.

It is truly a group effort and this is where i expect the group falls apart. You have to lead and own this and trust me as being one who has done this you put in more work setting it up and doing it then you save on the pad.

But in the long run you know you helped 9 other Moomba owners out lol. I might start another GB in a month or two i have to make sure i have the funds to blow with all the other projects i got right now.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Why did you get a new platform, Mike?
    2013 Outback V