Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XM9 or SXT9

Default XM9 or SXT9

Brian and the Exile crew are top notch!
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Default XM9 or SXT9

The Exile guys are great. I've got 4 SXT9s on my boat. They sound great surfing and wakeboarding. I have no problem with them at wakeboard length. We were actually down in the lake last year and my friends were on their deck up on the hill and said they could hear the music clearly.

You'll love them.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Smitty - Thanks for going with Exile. If you need help with the install or tuning, we are only a phone call away. We actually like to be involved in the setup. If for some reason that the SXT9 is not the right speaker for you, let me know. I know some guys that know some guys and we'll do some swapping around.

Guys always ask me "which is the right setup..." but the truth is, you'll have to answer the question for yourself. I typically suggest going with XM9's if the tower plan is for 1 pair of speakers. And 4 SXT9 if you intend to go into a 4 speaker setup. But thats my pref... not anyone else's.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Smitty - Thanks for going with Exile. If you need help with the install or tuning, we are only a phone call away. We actually like to be involved in the setup. If for some reason that the SXT9 is not the right speaker for you, let me know. I know some guys that know some guys and we'll do some swapping around.

Guys always ask me "which is the right setup..." but the truth is, you'll have to answer the question for yourself. I typically suggest going with XM9's if the tower plan is for 1 pair of speakers. And 4 SXT9 if you intend to go into a 4 speaker setup. But thats my pref... not anyone else's.

-Brian
    I'd love to throw another set of the SXT9's on the tower, just need to scrape up some more funds. Trying to work in a ballast upgrade at the same time. If you guys get any deals coming up on a set or if you get any demo's for sale, please let me know as I would definitely grab 2 more. Thanks again.

Been running 6 XM9s and we Surf 90% of the time. I keep it cranked.
    The real key is to have seperate volume for the 9s.
    Also with the switch to adjust how the horn sounds is a plus because in the Mojo the tower is almost over the driver so the people in the back get blasted.

So fare no one really complains about getting blasted, normaly they are just fine with the volume, ALL THE WAY UP!!!

I run my Exile system hard, real hard, makes for good testing of the durability of the components.

I have been toying with trying the new SXT9s and I might throw a 6 pack up for a bit this summer to see how it goes.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default XM9 or SXT9

I'm looking at upgrading my tower set up before the TX Jam. currently waiting on a quote for (4) SXT9's and new amps. want to gut the 2 amps I have now and tower speakers and throw in exile amps and towers for now then if that price is right I will do cabins and sub next for a full on exile set up. maybe I win the cabins at the jam!! if only.....

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but based on your description I'd go SXT9s.

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    I'm looking at upgrading my tower set up before the TX Jam. currently waiting on a quote for (4) SXT9's and new amps. want to gut the 2 amps I have now and tower speakers and throw in exile amps and towers for now then if that price is right I will do cabins and sub next for a full on exile set up. maybe I win the cabins at the jam!! if only.....

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    We talked price bro, Hit me up if your having an issue getting the gear for the price we talked about.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default XM9 or SXT9

My XM9s are too quiet, what's wrong? Oh yeah, I should be at the lake with them on the tower and not sitting at home.
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 02-01-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Brian, your inbox is full!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost