Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moomba cruise

Default Moomba cruise

I took the boat out for the first time yesterday. The moomba cruise would not turn on. Any suggestions as to what i need to check? Thanks in advanced.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't even know where to start.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Have you used the moomba cruise before? Did the indicator light come on at all?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I would first check your fuses, there located on the upper left side under the dash. Right above the hump in the floor. If everything checkes out there, then you need to stick your head up under the dash so you can see the back of the Moomba cruise buttons, make sure the plug is in all the way.

If both of those things are correct then let me know. I have a few other ideas as well.

It will all require testing on the water im afraid.

Mainly have you used the cruise before so you understand how it works?
    If so then at least we have a good starting point. I will have to do a little readong up to refresh my mind on the cruise as i havnt delt with it since last year. I am pretty famiular with it though. I actually like the factory cruise but then thats also because im to busy spending money on other things to upgrade to PP LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    Have you used the moomba cruise before? Did the indicator light come on at all?
    I just bought the boat! This was the first time out. I have read quite a bit about the moomba crusie on the forum. The indicator light would not come on at all. I got up to speed and tried to set the cruise but nothing would happen.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I would first check your fuses, there located on the upper left side under the dash. Right above the hump in the floor. If everything checkes out there, then you need to stick your head up under the dash so you can see the back of the Moomba cruise buttons, make sure the plug is in all the way.
    I will have to get under there and see what I can see. I will keep you guys posted! Thanks for the help! Everything else on the boat was working great! I can't wait for it to get a little warmer here!
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

I'm not much help on trouble shooting but for using the cruise, with the cruise in the off position you want get up to your desired speed let's say 23mph, and make sure you have it leveled off to where you are maintaining that speed without touching the throttle. Once you are holding steady at 23mph flip the switch to "ON" wait about a second then put the throttle all the way down. Alot of first time drivers of my boat had trouble with moomba cruise but once you figure it out it works well.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but couldn't he take the boat out and and turn the moomba cruise on, shut off the boat, turn the boat back on and he shouldn't be able to go above idle speed if the moomba cruise is working.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I'm not much help on trouble shooting but for using the cruise, with the cruise in the off position you want get up to your desired speed let's say 23mph, and make sure you have it leveled off to where you are maintaining that speed without touching the throttle. Once you are holding steady at 23mph flip the switch to "ON" wait about a second then put the throttle all the way down. Alot of first time drivers of my boat had trouble with moomba cruise but once you figure it out it works well.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but couldn't he take the boat out and and turn the moomba cruise on, shut off the boat, turn the boat back on and he shouldn't be able to go above idle speed if the moomba cruise is working.
    Yeah, if you leave the Moomba Crusie switched on and turn off the boat then start it back up later and run it will stagger along almost like it is in limp mode until you turn off the cruise. Done that a couple times when the rider has taken a brutal fall and calls it a day then we take off for a cove to swim...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

It happened to us the first weekend we had the boat. It really freaked us out til we figured it out.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

If both of those things are correct then let me know. I have a few other ideas as well.

It will all require testing on the water im afraid.

Mainly have you used the cruise before so you understand how it works?
    If so then at least we have a good starting point. I will have to do a little readong up to refresh my mind on the cruise as i havnt delt with it since last year. I am pretty famiular with it though. I actually like the factory cruise but then thats also because im to busy spending money on other things to upgrade to PP LOL
    mmandley,

I looked under the dash. The only fuses that I can see are the fuses for the ballast system. Are there any other fuses? I checked all the connections on the back of the switches, they all look good. Thanks for your help!
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold