Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

What I did was take the vent line from the 1100 and run it to bottom fill on 400 then put a new vent line from top of 400 to check valve then to vent on boat, check valve is to help empty the piggy back set up but even with then we tend to empty while moving with bow high sometimes even while I am surfing it's kind of a game to see how long I can go for.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoomba View Post
    Is there a diagram/site that'd show this accountant how to plum them in myself? I can't find a good one online.
    Here's my layout. Grey bag is the 1100, black bag is my old 650.

Grey bag still fills from rear bottom, but the overflow is on the black bag.

I made a short connector from new fittings from wake makers and some excess vent line already in the boat:

The first time or two filling is a PITA to get the air pockets worked out and the bags laying the way you want but they still empty flat with the check valve installed on the black bag.

Also, on my 2013 mojo there was more than enough vent line to run to the black bags under the seats so I didn't need to purchase any excess lines, just fittings to connect the 2 bags. I'm all or nothin with my ballast so I didn't mess with a shutoff or tee between bags, if you do that you may need to reconsider your venting options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Mojo

2016 moomba helix. I upgraded to 1100 in the back. I still can't ride without a rope. What am I doing wrong? What speed and wake plate % works the best?

I had that elaborate setup on my Mojo, but I was using the stock bags and a couple 400s I had laying around. It worked well, but didn't like turning ball valves and having stuff all over the place, so I yanked it all out except for my check valves and installed the 1100s. I kept a 400 and a 155 fat brick on the boat with a pump should I need the extra weight. It really freed up my under seat space.

Marc, try filling your surf side full, off side half or so, full front and run a slight list to the surf side, wake plate all the way up then trim down to clean up the wave, speed between 10-11.2. There is also a "sticky" on here that helps with surf tab %
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by Moombamarc View Post
    2016 moomba helix. I upgraded to 1100 in the back. I still can't ride without a rope. What am I doing wrong? What speed and wake plate % works the best?

List the boat, add 80 % on the starboard side if youre riding on port side. Only fill the front ballast to 20%, the bow will rise, you'll get tons of push but short wave, then slowly add more water to the front ballast until you get a good wave with good push and adequate length. When you start loosing too much push, cut back on front weight. Set the stbd surf plate to 90% and adjust down from there if needed.
    Remember, it'll all change depending on how many passengers you have from day to day, and where they sit. As an example, I was surfing with a great wave, my buddy, who is about 190lbs, shifted seat from surf side to non surf side and it completely washed out my wave. It can be finicky.
    I see many state that you must fill all bags all the way and use the surf plates, that has not worked for me.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I'm pretty sure we have the exact same boat Isaguel....
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    Here's my layout. Grey bag is the 1100, black bag is my old 650.

Grey bag still fills from rear bottom, but the overflow is on the black bag.

I made a short connector from new fittings from wake makers and some excess vent line already in the boat:

The first time or two filling is a PITA to get the air pockets worked out and the bags laying the way you want but they still empty flat with the check valve installed on the black bag.

Also, on my 2013 mojo there was more than enough vent line to run to the black bags under the seats so I didn't need to purchase any excess lines, just fittings to connect the 2 bags. I'm all or nothin with my ballast so I didn't mess with a shutoff or tee between bags, if you do that you may need to reconsider your venting options.

How long did it take you to do this? I am a complete Newbie, do you think I can do it myself? Is it easy to do? How long does it take to fill all the bags? I have a mondo with 650 bags in rear but I will be surprised if that original 650 lbs bag would fit in the side locker, our side locker on Mondo is like only 22 inch long w battery taking the rest and anchor on the other side. Do you leave it filled for the day? I am thinking with all this weight, probably not a good idea to pick the boat up in the boat lift?
    How do you judge how much the bags are full as the sensor on the screen must have been built for the original bags and full on 650 is probably different from full on 1100 plus the side bag if attached.
    Also I have heard people saying if you put 1100 bags in the rear you have to re-enforce the middle? Is that necessary and how do you do that?
    2016 Moomba Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    How long did it take you to do this? I am a complete Newbie, do you think I can do it myself? Is it easy to do? How long does it take to fill all the bags? I have a mondo with 650 bags in rear but I will be surprised if that original 650 lbs bag would fit in the side locker, our side locker on Mondo is like only 22 inch long w battery taking the rest and anchor on the other side. Do you leave it filled for the day? I am thinking with all this weight, probably not a good idea to pick the boat up in the boat lift?
    How do you judge how much the bags are full as the sensor on the screen must have been built for the original bags and full on 650 is probably different from full on 1100 plus the side bag if attached.
    Also I have heard people saying if you put 1100 bags in the rear you have to re-enforce the middle? Is that necessary and how do you do that?
    Wakemakers sells reinforcements for those divider panels. They work really well

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    Wakemakers sells reinforcements for those divider panels. They work really well

thank you, learning everyday
    2016 Moomba Mondo

How long did it take you to do this?
    < 2 beer job

I am a complete Newbie, do you think I can do it myself?
    Absolutely

Is it easy to do?
    Yes. Buy a heat gun from Harbour freight <$20. Also, get the wake maker code or call direct and reference this forum. (Probably best to call so you get the correct sized parts). fittings are cheap so I say buy extras so you're prepared for any future mods and not stuck paying shipping again. Probably buy some extra length of pipe too for no more than it costs.

How long does it take to fill all the bags?
    ~15 minutes

Do you leave it filled for the day?
    Nope, just when we are surfing.

I am thinking with all this weight, probably not a good idea to pick the boat up in the boat lift?
    Agreed, I wouldn't do that. I don't like pulling into my slip with any level of ballast in the boat.

The %'s on your screen are simply timers and are adjustable. I changed all 3 of my times to the max (I think it was around 22 min) and just turn them off when the front overflow spits and the rear seats start to pop up. You'll start to figure out what %'s your riders like for surf and wake sports and this way you'll rarely need to toggle the fill/empty switches past 100% or 0%.
    2013 Mojo