Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Sloppy Swim Platform - '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    it's all that Exile gadgetry you have on that thing. I bet you could hear the Queen Mary streaming by
    Hahahaha, boat makes a funny noise

Solution, turn the stereo volume up

No more noise!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I put Loctite on ours, I have them adjusted so you can remove the platform without moving the set screws. Not crazy about the design either.
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

The noise bugs me as well. I have a 2012 and when I dock it with the transom out the platform is constantly bouncing as waves roll in. I can hear it from far away. Dealer says the slop is so the stress isn't fully translated to the transom??? I considered tightening the screws up but haven't yet. I believe the bouncing resulted in the loss of one locking clip already...
    2012 Mojo2.5
    Ballast:
    1100 surf side
    400 goofy side
    500 under floor
    725 IBS
    260 bow floor
    (The more spotters the better)
    Acme1235

Yeah, good concept but poorly executed. Apparently they thought so to since the '14 models have a new design. Sadly the new brackets don't retro to the older boats due to required reinforcement to the transom. The bouncing will just get worse over time as those pin holes open up...
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default Sloppy Swim Platform - '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Yeah, good concept but poorly executed. Apparently they thought so to since the '14 models have a new design. Sadly the new brackets don't retro to the older boats due to required reinforcement to the transom. The bouncing will just get worse over time as those pin holes open up...
    My pin holes have no opened up at all and mine is 5 years old, I have also not lost any pins due to this issue either or any other issue

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

mine got so worn down on the back side of the brackets that I lasted a bunch ofweeksbeads on the back of them to dim it out

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    mine got so worn down on the back side of the brackets that I lasted a bunch ofweeksbeads on the back of them to dim it out

oh boy, up at 530 to get the kids off to school on the first day...... mine got so worn down that I laid down a couple weld beads on the back and front of the platform brackets. ground them down for a snug fit.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    My pin holes have no opened up at all and mine is 5 years old, I have also not lost any pins due to this issue either or any other issue

Sent from my iPhone
    Since no set screws were installed on my boat... my platform has had the opportunity to move around a lot more. You may be fine since it sounds like your boat was properly prepared at delivery. I still think the design was poorly executed though.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    So, I've had my Mojo a couple months and I've been mildly annoyed by the slop in the swim platform. It makes a lot of noise when wake comes in and hits it and it just feels kinda cheesy. I'm sure this is the case on all the models that have the platform.

I had a chance to take a look at a '14 Mobius this weekend at I noticed the platform was solid, they've gone to a new design of bracket which I think would be fairly simple to swap out. It's all steel and there is no play in the design at all, very good improvement.

As I was looking at my platform I noticed some empty threaded holes... should these have set screws in them or something?

Attachment 18378
    I have the same bracket and get the same slop.

!st throw the screws from the factory in the tool box and save for something else. Go get SS screws that thread in there with a nice bolt or scew head.

Third time out and the factory ones striped out and the dealer had to drill and extract them out.

Now i have the screws and they work pretty well.

Also i would suggest tossing the little spring loaded slide pins on the platform.

In july at WTW i sheared one right off and the platform tried to come out of the bracket and gouge the rear of the boat. Thankfully i noticed it and called an end to the day at 530pm.

I went and bought bolts with nylon in them to use for the lower bracket.

I think what happens is when you tighten the adjustment pins it puts so much pressure on the spring loaded pins it just broke it in half.

On my LSV i never had an issue with the spring loaded platform pins, but on the Mojo i can only assume it broke in half.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]