Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Congratz on buying a new boat, the 14 Mojo is an awesome boat. I have a 13 Mojo and upgraded from the LSV. Love it.

Couple things to think about.

Towing, have your dealer let you pull a Mojo around the block with your Pathfinder or something. One thing I noticed about the Mojo is the Nose is a lot heavier then most boats. While the LSV and the Mojo come in at nearly the same weight, the Mojo is a lot more nose heavy, and this will effect your truck.

Engine, I have the 345 Surf engine. I would suggest it if you can find it in your budget.
    If you cant, I ran the 325 in my LSV and ran over 3K ballast, but I had to prop it with a 1617 prop. The 1235 wasn't enough.
    With the 345 Surf my boat came with a 1235 and it was more then fine most of the time.
    I have since upgraded that prop as well and I'm much happier.

If you go with the 330 engine it will do the job, you will need at least the 1235 prop, I would seriously reccomend you upgrade that to the same prop I have now. <can't recall the number but I can get it for you if needed>

As for the walk through on the sundeck, it wasn't an option on 13, and even if it was I wouldn't have asked for it. We use a towel that is velcroed to the ski pylon, and the rear tie downs. This serves several purposes.
    1 keeps people from slipping when getting in and out when the deck is wet
    2 keeps you from buring your feet walking in and out, or laying out in the sun
    3 protects it from our Dog jumping in and out.
    4 it abosrbs a lot of the water when you get out, so less is drained through the V drive lockers, less mess and mold to deal with.

One option I was on the fence about but after having it is a MUST, bow center cushion. The walk-through on the Mojo is very wide, and while it does have 2 cup holders in the front of the walkway, it has cup holders by the front speakers as well. I absolutly love the bow cushion we routinly have a 450 bag in the front, and 2-3 people. Sometimes we just put the 450 under the cushion and you can have 4 people having out up front. All depends on the day.

Front bow speakers, honestly if you can do this yourself do it. The cut outs are in place from the factory, as well as the wiring. All your paying for in the upgrade cost is them to add a pair of speakers and just the vynal. Several threads on the forum of people who did the upgrade them selves.

I can go on and on about the Mojo but hit me up if you want, or need more info.
    Last edited by mmandley; 01-30-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Wow thanks for all the responses. I definitely have some thinking to do about the Pathfinder.

@Mike/Patrick - that is definitely has the Nissan is now. With the Four Winns on the back it feels like a dream so I figured it would be able to handle the extra weight. I wouldn't be going more than 20 miles to the launch but it could definitely be pushing it just like you said. Would the biggest issue be braking/tranny wear? The truck is an '01 that I picked up at a repo auction for only 2.5K. It still drives like it is brand new ... have had it for 2 years now and haven't put a cent into it. Pulled our FW through the mountain passes, moved our entire house w/ a big ass uHaul behind and then drive 5k from the west coast to the east. Maybe this is a f*cked up perspective but this truck doesn't owe me anything ... at some point it will need to be replaced and if this makes that happen a little quicker than I am OK with that. I just don't want to put any lives at risk.

Got off the phone with the dealer this morning and get this ... he is upgrading me to the 345 for $400 more!?!?! Definitely cant turn that one down ...

I'm going to skip the walkthrough and the bow speakers. I can do the speakers on my own if i think they need it. Also going with the 1235 prop.

I am out of town on work until the end of Feb so I can't give it a test run with the Pathfinder. Sooooooooooo really at this point in time its a go just pending the trailering issue??

GREAT CALL on the bow filler cushion. I'm not sure the wiring is run to the bow any longer if you don't order the amp and speakers.

SC is loading these boats up now with a ton of the stuff we used to all check off as options. I looked at the 14 catalog and here are the available options:

Snap in logo carpet - not a must have, but I have it in mine & LOVE it
    Extended mirror bracket w/ Extreme mirror - probably would order this
    Bow filler cushion - must have in my book
    Walk thru screen - not needed for us
    Sundeck walk across - might order since we're in/out a lot and don't lay out in the sun
    Black chrome graphics - yes, with the right gel colors
    Pop up cleats - yes
    Non skid package - not for me
    Fold assist for HD tower - not for me. Our tower has never been down.
    Fixed racks - yes, for upper location on HD tower
    Swivel racks - yes for lower location on HD tower
    Full Boat cover - yes for us
    Tonneau cover - not for us
    Bimini - must have for us
    345 engine - YES
    409 engine - I already spend too much on gas
    Flush kit - not for us
    Fresh water cooling system - not for us
    Water strainer - yes, cheap insurance in my mind
    Props - went with 1235
    Zero Off - might do this over DCPII, but I'm OK with the standard system
    Stereo Pkg - we went with B
    Transom remote - not for us
    Cooler - yes, love ours
    Battery - we went dual w/ Charger
    Depth finder - yes
    Docking lights - not for us
    Heater - wish we had added
    Auto fire - nope

Ohhh, how I'd like to check boxes for a new boat again! I love some of the new standard features on the '14 boats such as the retractable pylon, HD tower, DCPII display, bow design w/ cupholder/speaker pockets . . .

Congrats on upgrading, you will love which ever you end up with because the improvement from your Four Wins will be huge. I went from a 19ft Sea Ray to a LSV last year and it is awesome. The only thing I can comment on is what has been said about towing with your Pathfinder. I have a Suburban and the difference in towing the Sea Ray and the Moomba is significant. The added weight of the LSV is hard on the engine especially going up the mountains and canyons around here, not to mention the braking. I would be more worried about the safety of braking. Having a dealer loan you a boat to tow it around town is a good idea, but towing out in the "real world" on the highways, and the hills is another thing all together. Just my 02 cents. Good luck.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Hey guys ... had a longish reply done up and when I hit POST it said it needed to be approved by a mod. That was early this AM and its still not up there. Any idea how I can get it approved?

I don't see anything flagged, so not sure what happened to it.

Default looking to pick up a '14 Mojo - few Q's

sandm, clean out your box!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

ok. well here's the short form of it

The pathy is an '01 that I scooped up in a repo auction for $2500. The thing has been a dream. Have had it for 2+ years so far, drove it multiple times through the mountains, moved our entire house with a uhaul with it and then drove 3000 miles from the west coast to the east. so this thing doesnt owe me anything! I really dont know how long it will go on but when it does start to go I will just replace it because it has already more than exceeded my expectations. My only concern is safety. Will it just be the wear and tear on the tranny/brakes/engine that will be the issue, or will lives be @ risk on the road? I know a lot of this would depend on the driver, but I would take it slow.

My launch is about 20 miles away.

As for the Mojo vs the Mondo (weight issues) the Mojo is 5100 empty. Add 300 for gas and then whatever gear (300lbs) and you are probably close to 57-5800. The Mondo isn't much lighter. It is 4650 + 250 for gas and then extras (300) gives you 5200. Is an extra 500lbs really going to turn this from manageable to unsafe on the road?

@wolfeman --- just reposted and got the same message. your post will not be visible until a moderator approves it. do you see it pending?

Sometimes on a phone or IPAD you can't see the full mod functions. I could see your posts required approval. I approved them and deleted the duplicates. Should be good to go now. Feel free to send me a PM if you experience any further issues.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!